lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-10-2013, 12:49 AM   #1
farnzy
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation Dirty seat

Hey guys jus got a used CC Precedent 2010 from a club car dealer but the seat has seen better days. There are no cracks or rips just really really dirty and the old soap and water does nothing. Does anyone have any tricks on the best way to clean a vinyl seat to make it look new again thanks alot.
farnzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-10-2013, 05:23 AM   #2
dewzer
Getting Wild

Default Re: Dirty seat

Get yourself some Cyclo brake parts cleaner C111C and some chemical gloves and a few of the wifes old white cloths or towels. Clean and White cloths are a key factor.
I have been using this for years to clean these seats.
It will not damage the material and the outcome will floor you.
You have to saturate the rag. Spraying it on the seat will not do a thing and I don't know why. Don't care either.
You don't need to stay in one spot as it cleans it instantly so keep moving along.
You need to change rags after a while when the dirt starts to streak in the clean spots.
Once I am done I get another clean rag and go over it once more to get anything I missed.
Then it is Blue Magic leather cleaner, then the conditioner.
When I do the conditioner I set the seat out in the sun, spray it down good and lightly wipe across the surface spreading it out into the nooks and cranny's leaving a residue to soak in by the heat of the sun.
I just went out in the garage, cleaned this spot and took some pics for you as I have an old seat that needs recovering.
When I learned this trick, all I was doing was trying to find a way to get the stained string trimmer residue off seats where the guys would lean the shafts on the backs of the seats while transporting across the course.
Once the big cheese saw this all our seats got this treatment.
The parts cleaner is about 4$ a can, 2$ if you buy it buy the case and the Blue Magic is about 6$ ea. for cleaner and conditioner. It took about 2-3 cans of C111C on the real bad seats and the blue Magic will do a good 20 seats.
Best part is when your done, the seats are like new and not slippery.
Then..... I use LAS Awsome cleaner (the tan color one), found at the Dollar store, to keep clean and then recondition. The tan is the best as the one that says it removes grease is not all that great.
The LAS Awsome is what it says.
I wash everything with it at 1$ a quart. ( Dollar Tree, The Dollar Store, Dollar General ) has it.
Try it on your windows, Water beads right off.
NOW...
Clean your cart and spray it down with DEEP CREEP by Seafoam (read the can). It is for removing road tar, bugs etc.
You would think someone just painted it.
A rub down takes the residue off and brings out a luster thats amazing.
I do both my vehicles with is and I get ask who details our stuff.
ME~.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cleaning_seats_001.jpg (24.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg cleaning_seats_002.jpg (55.0 KB, 0 views)
dewzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:13 AM   #3
anix
Getting Wild

Wow... Great find. Thanks
anix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:24 AM   #4
BBailey
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

My seats looked just like yours and I used a Magic Eraser. They look brand new and they are 20 year old covers. I also used the eraser to clean marks and stains from the body.
BBailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:08 AM   #5
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

I'd be careful with that brake cleaner, I would think it could damage the vinyl
sunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:47 AM   #6
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Westley's Bleach White Whitewall Cleaner and a small nylon bristle scrub brush works great.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:08 AM   #7
MDLNB
Gone Wild
Club Car

Better yet, just buy a spray can of vinyl dye/paint. I had some Mustang seats that were in great condition, but sun faded and used that stuff on them. They look like new seats. You can find different brands of the stuff, but if you don't have an upholstery place near you, check Auto zone. I have seen it there. Why worry about using something on the seats that might damage them?
MDLNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:30 AM   #8
H8R71
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I agree with BBailey. I cleaned my seats yesterday with a magic eraser after trying several other household cleaners. The cleaners did nothing but the eraser worked like, well... magic.
H8R71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:28 PM   #9
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

x2 on the bleach white and scrub brush!
sunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 03:36 PM   #10
Wes350x
Gone Wild

Club Car

Mine looked great after a magic eraser. They are pretty magical! Don't use them on a vehicle for tar though, they will dull the clear coat. I found that out tha hard way!
Wes350x is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car