lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2013, 12:16 PM   #11
HottyToddy
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Charging problem

It doesn't do anything... no click... no movement on the ammeter... Yeah I can see that already!
HottyToddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-18-2013, 12:17 PM   #12
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

The Club Car OBC system is great when it works, but when it malfuncitons, it can be a real pain in the as* and costly.
I am going to say bad OBC; let's see if anyone else chimes in before you go and get a new one.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #13
HottyToddy
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thats what I was figuring but guess I wanted a second opinion from a more educated source on a golf cart than me before I spent that $175! Thanks for your help!
Old 09-18-2013, 12:47 PM   #14
crash test dummy

try a obc bypass it will tell you if obc is bad

to by pass OCB
DO AT YOUR OWN RISK.…do not attempt unless you are familiar with electricity and electronics!
There are two ways to force the charger to turn on regardless of the OBC.

The first method is to disconnect the cart’s gray wire at the fuse near the charger receptacle. Then using a jumper wire, connect the receptacle side of the fused connector to the cart’s negative battery terminal. This will energize the charger’s 48V relay. If the charger doesn’t come on, it could be bad connections, wiring or charger relay.
if charger comes on and starts to charge obc may be bad

The second method is to open the charger and remove the 120V wires from the relay and jump these together. This totally bypasses the relay and the OBC wire.

(If charger comes on but the charger ammeter shows 0 amps, check the fuse at the charging receptacle under the clear plastic cover.)

Both of these methods should both be temporary measures for troubleshooting, or as an emergency method of charging the batteries when they have been discharged so far that the OBC will not charge them.

The OBC provides the optimum method of charging the cart’s batteries. If the OBC is bad, it should be replaced
Old 09-18-2013, 01:33 PM   #15
HottyToddy
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks so much!! I will try that this evening!! Is there any other thing that could cause the charger to come on at a delay like that? When the charger has worked it showed charging and was warm to the touch so I figured it was doing its part but the obc may be going bad or something else? I really do appreciate the help!!
Old 09-18-2013, 01:57 PM   #16
crash test dummy

like jake said it does a self test but should stay on after that .. also the batteries being to low for obc to kick on may be a factor .. park it, plug it in, is a good thing to do ... if you plug it in let it turn its self off ..
Old 09-18-2013, 02:20 PM   #17
HottyToddy
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

When I get done playing I pull it in the shed and plug it up and it stays plugged up till I play again.... I just didnt find much about the charger not coming on and coming on several hours later on here when I searched for it... Great site here and very helpful!! Thanks!
Old 09-19-2013, 04:57 AM   #18
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottyToddy View Post
When I get done playing I pull it in the shed and plug it up and it stays plugged up till I play again.... I just didnt find much about the charger not coming on and coming on several hours later on here when I searched for it... Great site here and very helpful!! Thanks!
. . . just for the heck of it, spray some WD40 into the charger receptacle before you plug in the charger next time . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:27 AM   #19
RPatten
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
When you first plug in the charger, it will come on, then click off, then right back on and continue charging. This is normal and is just a precharge check of the system. Have you tried an OBC reset?
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...tting-obc.html
I am just curious, what would be an indication or indications that the OBC would need a reset?
RPatten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:35 AM   #20
HottyToddy
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
. . . just for the heck of it, spray some WD40 into the charger receptacle before you plug in the charger next time . . .
Thanks! I will try that also!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car