lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2013, 08:48 PM   #1
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Can i use charger to "test" cart?

having no batteries to test with (and not wanting to buy any for a lost cause) I was wondering if it's possible to run this cart (88 CC) straight off the charger....jack up rear end and just see if things turn before I drop coin on new batteries AND rebuild the dang tray.....
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-18-2013, 09:03 PM   #2
gadavis
Gone Wild

Default Re: Can i use charger to "test" cart?

You probably could tell more about it by putting 3-12 volt automotive batteries in it and testing with them. The charger probably will not produce enough amps for it to run the motor decently.
gadavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:13 PM   #3
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadavis View Post
You probably could tell more about it by putting 3-12 volt automotive batteries in it and testing with them. The charger probably will not produce enough amps for it to run the motor decently.
well, I don't have those either.....and I thought with it off the ground it might not need that many amps to turn it.....
Old 09-18-2013, 09:17 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

There may be an ignition interlock which will prevent the cart from running while the charger is connected..... jack the rear wheels up off the ground... remove the tires, make sure they rotate by hand, then try your weak batteries. 12-18v is all you need for this test
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:28 PM   #5
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
There may be an ignition interlock which will prevent the cart from running while the charger is connected..... jack the rear wheels up off the ground... remove the tires, make sure they rotate by hand, then try your weak batteries. 12-18v is all you need for this test
I don't even think I have that much voltage....they all drop like dead cells.....and I didn't mean to plug the charger into the port, I ment to hook up the wires directly to the plug on the charger.....no batteries in cart anyway and hate to keep lifting them in and out....
Old 09-18-2013, 09:46 PM   #6
beau
Gone Wild
Club Car

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...r-testing.html
beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:13 PM   #7
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

that's good info but I wanted to see if the F/R was working, the vglide , solenoid....all that stuff just like the batteries were in it without the batteries being in it.....black wire to one prong of the charger, red to the other......or would I be welding?
Old 09-18-2013, 10:20 PM   #8
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

The charger won't put out enough current to run the motor. You would have better luck with at 12V car battery. That should run the motor with the wheels off the ground.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car