lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-28-2013, 08:29 PM   #11
crash test dummy

Default Re: Need some wisdom

yes the gray wire with the yellow (sometimes) fuse holder goes to the OBC (on board computer) it protects the OBC from over voltage when cart is plugged in
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-28-2013, 08:36 PM   #12
Aj92592
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

What would happen if I wired that into the positive wire for the charger?
Aj92592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:36 PM   #13
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj92592 View Post
No. I don't have the correct charger. The one I have is for a yamaha and only has 2 wires in the cord. I was hoping I could splice that wire with the positive one and have it work
the obc controls the charger , it tells it how much charge to give batteries
this is done through the gray wire ... you could use the yamaha charger if it has a relay that tells charger to shut off at max voltage
i don't think yamaha plug will work
Old 10-28-2013, 10:20 PM   #14
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Your best bet would be to get a Powerdrive charger. Your batts are the most important part of the cart, and they need to be charged correctly. If you put the gray OBC wire to the positive of the charger it would probably burn out the fuse pretty quickly...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:21 AM   #15
RPatten
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
Your best bet would be to get a Powerdrive charger. Your batts are the most important part of the cart, and they need to be charged correctly. If you put the gray OBC wire to the positive of the charger it would probably burn out the fuse pretty quickly...
Just curious, I can understand keeping it stock, but why not one of those automatic chargers from one of the sponsors? This would do away with the need of the OBC as I understand.
RPatten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:00 AM   #16
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPatten View Post
Just curious, I can understand keeping it stock, but why not one of those automatic chargers from one of the sponsors? This would do away with the need of the OBC as I understand.
That would work too, But the OBC system is the optimal charging system for the cart, as it stores how much energy was lost during the drive cycle and it tells the charger to put exactly that much back in...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:41 PM   #17
RPatten
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks.
RPatten is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car