lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2013, 05:33 PM   #1
Kingman
Gone Wild

Default Need some more speed

Hi

My CC President 2010 6 8v Trojan 875's

I was told that a 2010 Star can hit 25 mph while l can barely hit 20mph.

I was also told from an owner of a cart dealership that his guy can rework the electronics to get more mph on my CC

What do you think?

Thanks
Kingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-03-2013, 06:22 PM   #2
jcvader99
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Red face Re: Need some more speed

Couple of things...

1) The Star cart is an "LSV" (low-speed-vehicle), not a golf cart. Now that doesn't mean much to you and me, but legally, the golf cart is restricted to 20mph or less. The LSV is allowed 25mph by law. That doesn't mean you can't get your cart to that speed, it just wasn't built with the proper components to get there. With that being said, there are several options you'll find all over this site to bump up your speed, specifically...

a) CC Precedent typically set to speed setting "3" but can be changed to "4" by a CC dealer. Typically costs you $100 to have it done and will get your cart 2-4 mph faster. To be honest, if you're already getting to 20... your electronics are already set at speed 4. the 3 setting maxes out around 17-18

b) Change magnet in your motor to "trick" the speed controller into running faster

c) Exchange your motor for a faster one at "Plum Quick" (google it)

d) Put bigger wheels/tires and gain 2-3 mph

2) I wouldn't trust anyone except "TahoeDawg" (on this forum) to touch my speed controller electronics. Be leary of any magic fixes to your original parts.

Just my thoughts...
jcvader99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:43 PM   #3
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Default Re: Need some more speed

You just need a new motor and controller for more speed, unless you have an incompatible system such as excel, or whatever they call it, and in that case you would need a new iq wire harness as well because the vendors are not making matching controllers for that system, at least not that I have heard of yet. Sounds like you have private speed code already so your only route for increase speed is a new motor.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:15 PM   #4
Kingman
Gone Wild

Hi

I have 8" tires orig but will change them to 10" when l see some wear. The Star salesmen mentioned that it was built on an ezee go.

Does Star make their own running gear?

I live not that far from Tahoedawg so when l 'm ready l will reach out to him.

I already have speed setting 4
Old 11-04-2013, 06:33 AM   #5
Dale-D
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: Need some more speed

I have a CC Precedent 2012 model with the EXCEL system
to get to 30 mph, I used a Hi Speed motor ( I would go with the Plum Quick ) and my stock controler, I installed 14" wheels with 21" tires on it and aI made a 1" front lift myself since there is NOTHING available on the aftermarket.
I had to cut the rear fenders to stop the tires from rubbing. I CAN'T lift my cart, My wife is MOBILITY IMPAIRED, and can't raise her leg to get into a lifted cart.
I have 2012 batteries which all get to 100% charge
the cart runs flat out on police radar 29.8mph and has very good torque

I do believe that Plum Quick could have gotten me past that with their Bandit upgrade motor.

I DID NOT have to replace any wiring, contorlers, cables or solonoids.

Maybe if I had replaced another few hundred dollars worth of parts, I may have hit the 30mph mark.

Just hoping to shed some light onto your project.

Most of those other parts CAN be changed, but, NOT A MUST.

Use your own judgement on that. COST vs RESULTS
is it worth it to you in the long run
My TOTAL cost for everything I did
$1000.00

hope this helps

Dale D
Dale-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:13 AM   #6
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Plumquick got me to 28.6. Other mods are optional. Street legal is another story. If that's what you want save yourself a lot of trouble by getting the Star car. Make sure the dealer gets you the tag and title. At least the MSO.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:57 AM   #7
Kingman
Gone Wild

Hi

So what you are saying is that the Star is faster from the start! I thought
Star was a name that went on reconditioned ezego or CC carts. The running gear
was either Ezee Go or. Club car and the body was Star.
This was a way to get rid of older golf Carts.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:07 AM   #8
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

The Precedent is also a reconditioned cart. It is between a golf cart and a LSV. It takes a additional $1000-$1500 to bring it up to LSV standard.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:36 AM   #9
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Star makes golf carts and LSVs. They are 36v or 48v and use the same motors and controllers as everybody else. The chassis/suspension appears to be an ezgo (txt) clone. Google their website to get specifics. Club car Precedents can be purchased new, dealer reconditioned or factory reconditioned. Both CC and EZGO make LSVs. The CC LSV is based on the DS chassis last time I checked and the EZGO LSV is based on the RXV chassis. In any case they all use the same basic running gear used in the golf cart versions. All CC Precedents and EZGO TXTs and RXVs can be made to run at LSV speeds (up to 25 MPH) with various combinations of controllers/motors/gear combinations and larger tires which changes final drive ratio. ( Yamaha also)

LSVs come with a Vin number or equivalent.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car