lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2013, 04:49 PM   #1
Aj92592
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Brake help

I have a 97 ds and in going through it I attempted to take apart the brakes. The rear drums would come off. I am learning as I'm going here and don't know if this in normal or I'm doing something wrong. I tried prying them off and hitting them with a hammer like u would to a normal car. Any advise is always appreisheated. Thanks.
Aj92592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-04-2013, 05:14 PM   #2
Fishing Dude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Brake help

Back off the adjusters all the way to let them become as small as possible, if still won't come off heat the center of drum with a torch to break rust bond try to remove.
Fishing Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:48 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If you back the adjuster all the way off and drums are still stuck on, ie: the move but snap back on. Pry them off while hitting them with a rubber mallet. There is a big ridge on the inside edge of the drum which has to be drug across the shoes.
hope this helps
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:10 PM   #4
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

As far as I know there is no way to back off the adjustment on self adjusting brakes. If the tapping around the drum as you pull on them does not work, someone on here said you could take a chisel and cut the head off the pins on the back side of the backing plate. See photo in parts manual. I guess you could use a multi tool.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:15 PM   #5
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
As far as I know there is no way to back off the adjustment on self adjusting brakes. If the tapping around the drum as you pull on them does not work, someone on here said you could take a chisel and cut the head off the pins on the back side of the backing plate. See photo in parts manual. I guess you could use a multi tool.
. . . correct . . there is one pin on each shoe that is spring loaded . . cutting the head from back of plate releases shoes and they come off with drum . . . quickest way for stuck shoes . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car