lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2015, 11:29 AM   #21
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: 91 club cart kf 82 motor problem

Awesome!
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2015, 09:54 PM   #22
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbok View Post
Piston and connecting rod aren't hard to find, camshaft is a bit harder but not impossible to find. Are you looking for something Rep, or were you just curious?
I couldn't find can for mine few years back when I looked... The rivets broke and the gear came loose. I was able to secure the gear back to the cam shaft with #10 bolts and lock nuts. Held up fine until I swapped the motor. Looked like the rod broke prior to me owning the motor there was a hole on top of the case that was JB welded over. And the oil slinger was
Missing. The motor was apart when I got it. Found a slinger on eBay reassembled and it ran fine for 8 months or so until I did my clone motor swap. You will find a lot of websites with the parts listed but very few will actually have them in stock. Wish I would of just went with the clone from the start...
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 09:56 PM   #23
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony in oz View Post
hi guys this kf82 is giving me the shits I have re built it and it runs except for a loud tappet like noise,which gets worse at higher revs so I dropped it off at a cart repairers who assured me it needed the tappet shim clearances doing well guess what just got it back and it still sounds the same to me.
work done by me was new standard piston & rings, new con rod, new cam gear ,bore looked ok to me also crank had no nasty marks or scouring on it.
have any of you guys had this problem? would piston rings make the same kind of noise ? thinking that I might have to re bore the barrel, any suggestions would be appreciated
thanks
I was told the valves on these
Motors arnt adjustable/shimmable?
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car