lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2015, 08:35 AM   #1
JPTRKNG33
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car audio system help

Hey guys,
I think my first post may have been misleading, so I am going to try this again. Looking for options on adding a separate deep cycle battery for the audio duties and a few LED lights. I have already ordered the optima blue top battery with 155 minute reserve time. This is going in a Villager so I have the open base under the front seat for plenty of room. I found an automatic battery isolator on Amazon made by Wirthco that looks to be the ticket for this. Looking for opinions on what others have done in this situation.
here is what I am putting in the cart
1 12" Rockford Subwoofer
2 8" Rockford marine full range
2 6.5" Rockford marine full range
All powered b a Kenwood Excelon 700.1 5 channel Amp
Also looking for opinions on an onboard charger that would work good to just plug in every night to keep both batteries at full charge. I have a picture in the Introduction page of what I am working with. Thanks for any help.

JPTRKNG33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-10-2015, 07:08 AM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car audio system help

Welcome to BGW! And NICE cart!

I saw your previous thread... http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...-isolator.html ... But, wasn't sure how to answer it!

I bought a battery isolator for my van to help power my key machines and not be left stranded after killing my starting battery, (been there)
I never installed it because it was too much of a hassle cutting and splicing my vehicle wires.

but, here's what I know of a battery isolator...
it charges both batteries while driving, yet isolates the secondary battery for use when not driving,
and not wearing down the primary battery so your not left stranded!

In the case with your cart, I'm not sure that the Starter/Generator can put out enough amperage to charge both batteries together!
Most cart enthusiasts won't use an isolator, they just keep the secondary battery (and it's wiring) separate from the cart, and charge it on it's own when needed!

lockman1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 07:16 AM   #3
JPTRKNG33
Not Yet Wild

Hey guys,
Thought I would give an update on the sound system. So Fars works pretty good and I haven't been able to completely run down the Optima battery yet. Also thought I would show the new Rockford PMX-2. It fit pretty well in the etiquette plate location and has a lot of great features.
Old 07-31-2015, 07:23 AM   #4
JPTRKNG33
Not Yet Wild

Also, here are some pics of the speaker locations. The subwoofer fits perfectly between the seats.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car