lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-24-2015, 01:55 PM   #1
mfoht
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car Belt/Clutch Problem... Stumper

I just bought a 1988 Club car gas golf I think Vin#AG8847161363 cart with the flat head. I noticed that when myself 220 pounds and my 2 children 70 pounds would go up a hill the belt would chatter/slip. So I did some research and found the correct belt. I think 10975 1"x37 1/2". I put the new belt on the cart. My wife 2 children and I got on the machine and it cuts out like a rev. limiter could not get it moving. wife gets off me and 2 kids runs fine. I KNOW KEEP HER OFF PROBLEM FIXED! LOL Here is where it gets weird. Put old belt 7/8"x37 1/2 back on wife kids and I and can drive anywhere on the flat ground. Question why only with correct belt and more weight does machine cut out run crappy? second question what is wrong with the machine and please explain why it does this? I think it maybe the primary clutch If I take belt off and push clutch in with my hands a can see something brass fall /loose in the clutch. oh another thing with the 1" belt on it the clutch clunks/Rattles. smaller belt not a sound?

What ever parts I need? I would appreciate where to get best deal on. Sorry to sound cheap but, just bought cart and a brand new rear seat getting alot of money into this old cart!

Thank you all in advance...
mfoht is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-09-2015, 09:37 AM   #2
mfoht
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Club Car Belt/Clutch Problem... Stumper

well I got it running a lot better.hopefully this will help someone else. the golf cart was missing front motor mount and snubber.the extra weight was making the engine raise way up and touching the power wire to the coil causing it to short out. new motor mount news number electrical tape wrapped to wire up runs great!
mfoht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 09:41 AM   #3
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Club Car Belt/Clutch Problem... Stumper

so what your saying is the cart was snubbing your wife? sorry i had to , couldn't help it.
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club car 1988, primary clutch, too much weight
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car