lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-15-2015, 06:21 AM   #1
pirikku
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Smile White smoke!

Hi people,
I'm working on a 350 Kawasaki mounted inside a villager
This car was filling the hotel with white smoke, so we change piston's ring set.
The white courtine is over but this car still has issues..
It worked (almost) properly for 2 days
Than it becomes hard to keep running on the street.
Lifted On the Jack it works but it seems to have poor compression. As the engine get hot the car doesn't work as it should.
So, re-open the engine..
Oil was very stinky, smells of gasoline (petrol, Benzin or whatever you call gas! Joke)
So my opinion is piston get deformed
How can I check it?
Sorry for bad English, and greeting from Italy ��
pirikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-15-2015, 06:40 AM   #2
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: White smoke!

first off was the cylinder measured , and or bored or honed, if so you need to also make sure the rings were installed properly. on the other hand white smoke is more of an indicator of too much fuel im thinking that your carburator or fuel pump is more the problem than the engine itself. first thing i would be doing is to change the oil , disconnect the pulse line from the fuel pump and cap it then run a gravity feed fuel line to the pump and see how it runs for a few minutes , if nothing changes the you have a carb issue. possibly a stuck float needle causing it to flood out with gas , either way you have gas getting in somewhere , either the fuel pump or the carburator is the problem.

also no white smoke anymore ok , we like the pope we have now and he's coming to see me next week.

one other thing to check is valve clearence or bad headgaskets
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 07:28 AM   #3
pirikku
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Ahahahhahhahhahahah, yeah he looks better than the german one. Say hallo from me when you meet him and thanks a lot for hyour help. This morning I bring the cilinder to a guy who mesured it and says it is out of range. So I need a new piston, a bigger one, so he will fix cilinder. This evening I'll bring valves also to check them out.
Old 09-16-2015, 07:29 AM   #4
pirikku
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

And sorry again for my really bad english..
Old 09-16-2015, 07:34 AM   #5
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

No problem on the language just so long as we can get you the info you need to get it fixed.
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 09:02 PM   #6
sledparts
Not Yet Wild

IT'S PROBABLY THE CARB!!!

I have had at least 10 carts do this - see if the air filter is soaked with gas! If so you will also need see if the plastic air intake is full of gas also (almost always will be). You can drill a few small holes in the bottom to drain it.

The carb starts dumping gas into the engine and then it overflows into the crankcase. You will need to change the oil asap after putting a new carb on AND the exhaust may be full of gas now also.

After you are done you will need to drive it around for a while to burn the gas/oil out of the exhaust.
sledparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car