lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-15-2015, 11:01 PM   #1
sledparts
Not Yet Wild

Default clutch puller snapped off - now what?

ugh

have a 2000 DS and can't get the primary clutch off. I was getting worried I was going to bend my good hardened puller so I put the el cheapo in to wack it a few times with my bfh. nothing budging and then when I went to remove the puller it snapped off. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

So now not only is the froze clutch still on the crank but it has a puller stuck in it.

This is the second of 5 carts I have tried to pull the primary and it refused to pop off. I am using an impact and it just seems like these are way over torqued from club car? I have probably pulled 100+ snowmobile clutches and only 1 time did I have one I couldn't remove.

At this point I'm going to just cut it off but is this a common problem with these?
sledparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-16-2015, 12:13 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: clutch puller snapped off - now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledparts View Post
ugh

have a 2000 DS and can't get the primary clutch off. I was getting worried I was going to bend my good hardened puller so I put the el cheapo in to wack it a few times with my bfh. nothing budging and then when I went to remove the puller it snapped off. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

So now not only is the froze clutch still on the crank but it has a puller stuck in it.

This is the second of 5 carts I have tried to pull the primary and it refused to pop off. I am using an impact and it just seems like these are way over torqued from club car? I have probably pulled 100+ snowmobile clutches and only 1 time did I have one I couldn't remove.

At this point I'm going to just cut it off but is this a common problem with these?
You probably have a rust bond.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 08:51 PM   #3
sledparts
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: clutch puller snapped off - now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
You probably have a rust bond.
no rust - clutch and crank end are both shiny just over-torqued from the factory is my opinion. I really shouldn't have to use a plasma cutter to remove a clutch
sledparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car