lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2015, 05:28 PM   #11
Cruise Master
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 1988 DS lift and tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
That's something that's plaguing me and my cart since I've owned it!
That's interesting. I bought a Lynx wannabe cart that was put together by a local hack golf cart shop, who then sold it to a private person that I bought it off of. The more I researched it, the more I found out I didn't have a Lynx.

I know that CC cut the frame and did an excellent job of reengineering it to make the Lynx and basically made a new cart out of used one. Never occurred to me that you would be stuck after that for mods.

To the OP,there is a sticky on what used auto rims will fit on a 4x4 bolt pattern cart. I would hit up the local junk yard and see what they had (rims/tires) for cheap. Rustoleum makes a rim paint if you wanted to bling them up.

I'm starting to understand that once you try to turn those big heavy tires, things start to burn up on a sparky cart. So if you're going low budget, better allocate another $500-750 for repairs.

For the beef-a-lo's you could always add a helper leaf. Clicky

Got nothing on the lift, but.... IMHO they are all just for looks and nothing else. So cheap E-bay would not be out of my scope. You may get what you pay for, but no-one on this forum has sold me on what you get when you pay more either.
Cruise Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-26-2015, 09:25 PM   #12
carguybill
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 1988 DS lift and tires

Maybe not for you but I needed extra traction so I purchased a Jakes 3" rear lift, kept the front factory stock. I have 10" wheels and installed oversize rear wheels with aggressive tread.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2527.jpg (469.8 KB, 0 views)
carguybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car