lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2016, 01:30 PM   #1
Johnnysilver
Not Yet Wild

Default 96 club car will not turn over please help!

ok i have already installed a new battery,micro switches,carbureator,gaskets,ignition switch. When i turn the key the starter turns the belt and i noticed i only get spark when i press the pedal down is that normal? so it will back fire when the pedal is about hafe way down but it won't start. I have tried everything i can think of do you have any ideas?
Johnnysilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-03-2016, 03:20 PM   #2
Chrisj7151
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 96 club car will not turn over please help!

It should only crank when you are on the gas pedal, sounds like the ign switch is wired wrong.
Chrisj7151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 08:11 AM   #3
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

In the "sticky" section there is a wiring diagram for you cart. Yes, check your ignition switch wiring, but also the micro switches in the "black box". If you look in the box you'll see the two switches are engaged by the pedal linkage. The lower switch is open when the pedal is pressed& closed when you let off the pedal. It grounds the ignition to kill the spark when you are not on the gas. So yes, not having spark except when you're pressing the pedal is correct. The upper switch is closed when you press the pedal and provides ground to the switched side of the solenoid to power the starter. So again, you should only get the starter ranking when the pedal is pressed. It's possible in changing those switches the wires may have been accidentally mixed up? Once you have spark & cranking when you're supposed to we can look at fuel / choking etc.
meimk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 11:13 AM   #4
Johnnysilver
Not Yet Wild

ok this problem was resolved the top micro switch was engaging before the bottom when the pedal was pressed causing a build up of fuel before the spark now i just need to figure out why is so hard to get the fuel air mixture right in my other thread but thank you all for the help
Johnnysilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car