lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2016, 09:25 PM   #11
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

Default Re: shuts down choke to start

Okay Lockman as usual I was overthinking my issue and you were originally kinda right it is a fuel issue but not in the ordinary way. Originally it was like the cart was starving for fuel sometimes using the choke would make it run park it for a while and it would run right until the next time. To cover all my bases with everyone everything has bee replaced from the motor forward EXCEPT for anything inside the fuel tank but from there to the rear end everything is new or rebuilt. Completely by accident my daughter filled the fuel tank last week and the cart ran beautifully for over a week then it started messing up again sunday according to Summer my daughter, well today I was home and decided to look at it drove it around a little it messed up choked it back to my shop first thing I did was fill the tank it was almost empty checked the usual plugs air filter etc nothing looked bad took it back out it ran perfect up and down my street a little over a mile each way did this 3 times ran perfect then I decided to run it to wall greens and get beer (I was thirsty) about 12 miles round trip ran perfect and its a pretty rough ride through the trails of mud and sand. My latest feeling is the problem is in the tank but it only seems to happen with a half tank or less. is there anything to service in the tank?If so how do I get at it? Anyone?
ericandrews331@msn.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-02-2016, 09:58 PM   #12
ezgo on fire
Gone Wild
Club Car

did you check the fuel shut off valve on top of the tank if you have one. Unscrew it and blow it out backwards to see if there's any junk in there.

Also you pulse Line for the fuel pump doesn't sag does it. To much sag and it can collect oil
ezgo on fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 06:47 AM   #13
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Huh... I wonder if this has been your intermittent running problem all along?

Whether or not your tank has a shut off, the fuel supply line does screw off of the top of the tank!
It sounds like you have a crack in the pick up line inside your tank,
and it's sucking air when your fuel gets below a certain level.

With all of the problems you've had with your cart, it sure would be nice if this easy fix resolved them!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car