lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-26-2016, 10:35 PM   #11
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Digital volt meter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I still have mine - don't use it anymore, guess I should sell it

whys that?? did you get something better or just don't go through enough cars to use it anymore??
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-27-2016, 01:56 PM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahaguy97 View Post
ahh nothin like a fresh new set of batteries. at work we have one of those club car 36/48 volt discharge machines. If the pack were testing goes longer than 80-85 minutes we o.k. them...its a nice machine to have around
is this Lester discharge tester the one you are talking about? the industry standard for this test is 60 minutes or higher = OK. but i think there is one problem with this "industry standard test", 8x 6v batteries dont fit the test well. there is no standard i have found for discharging 6v batteries at 56a rate. a strong set of 8x 6v will blow the doors off this test at over 200 minutes, so is 60 minutes a proper minimum for such a huge "gas tank"? (Yamaha battery warranty dept., i'm looking at you.......)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 36v_48v_battery_discharger.jpg.cf.jpg (21.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 1012121217.jpg (162.4 KB, 0 views)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 08:38 PM   #13
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
is this Lester discharge tester the one you are talking about? the industry standard for this test is 60 minutes or higher = OK. but i think there is one problem with this "industry standard test", 8x 6v batteries dont fit the test well. there is no standard i have found for discharging 6v batteries at 56a rate. a strong set of 8x 6v will blow the doors off this test at over 200 minutes, so is 60 minutes a proper minimum for such a huge "gas tank"? (Yamaha battery warranty dept., i'm looking at you.......)
yes it probably is, although ours is all black and branded with the club car name. They say the standard for the test is 60 minutes, but surely they are aware that a setup of 8 six volts will go past the 200 minute mark. Maybe they aren't referring to that particular setup when they think 60 minutes?? not sure.
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 08:28 AM   #14
fastal
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

OK, you guys convinced me. I went and bought 5 all new Interstate GC2 ECT batteries which have superseded the one gc2-XHD that was in there. (Not cheap, about $130 each.)
Thanks to the Carts Unlimited website which has great battery information, I can break them in and monitor them properly.
My question now is what kind of range can I expect? I don't play golf but I will use this for yard work running around the property. For instance, can I put this in our town's next memorial day parade to ride some fat dignitary around for a few miles in stop and go driving?
fastal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha