lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2017, 07:13 PM   #1
comin_in_hot
Not Yet Wild

Default Bbq the muffler

What is the best way to do this. I read to put in camp fire for about 10 min. Do I put it in on its side or standing up? But once out of the fire what is my next step? Thanks
comin_in_hot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-24-2017, 09:17 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Bbq the muffler

My favorite fire pit is a washer drum. Here's a Ezgo one in a tub, with a yamaha one just out of the fire in the background. It is shooting flames out the tube from the oil vapors. I don't think much is needed after burning the crud. Shake it around to see if any debris wants to come out the holes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20140306_094759_866.jpg (99.7 KB, 0 views)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:22 AM   #3
jayp1017
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
My favorite fire pit is a washer drum. Here's a Ezgo one in a tub, with a yamaha one just out of the fire in the background. It is shooting flames out the tube from the oil vapors. I don't think much is needed after burning the crud. Shake it around to see if any debris wants to come out the holes.
I just cut the top off mine with a grinder. 1988 ezgo. Cut around the top of the muffler where the exhaust connects to muffler...cut about one inch down and don't go too deep just cut the metal through. Once cut you can separate the muffler from the packing and the inside guts. Replace the glass packing with any two cycle glass pack. That will make it really quite and no more smokey 2 cycle smell. Of course you'll need to weld it back up...just use a mig welder and lots of water so you don't catch the packing on fire...go slow. TIP: to get the packing and guts back inside use some computer paper to line the muffler on the inside...it will help to slide in...I also took some paper and formed it around the lip and sharp edges of the cut muffler...once you get it in and lined up give the thing a little twist around and shimmy up then back down...you should be able to pull the paper back out without disturbing the packing.
jayp1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 04:10 PM   #4
olevet
Not Yet Wild

is this just a problem with the 2strokes?
Wonder if it could be part of my Prob with the 295?
olevet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 04:13 PM   #5
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Normally only 2 strokes but if you have a cart that was neglected for awhile and burning oil it could possibly cause issues
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 10:13 PM   #6
comin_in_hot
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by olevet View Post
is this just a problem with the 2strokes?
Wonder if it could be part of my Prob with the 295?
Mainly 2strokes because people dont run the right fuel/oil ratio. I bought my cart from a fellow dirtbike racer. He put the same gas in the cart as his dirtbike. 50:1. My muffer is heavy as a rock because the packing is full of the unburned oil.
comin_in_hot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 10:52 PM   #7
clr.R4tch3t
Getting Wild

I am also running 40:1, same as my bikes.. but not with the stock muffler. I can definitely see that oil mix destroying a factory muffler. It does put it on a little strong. Haha
clr.R4tch3t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 10:52 AM   #8
olevet
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicyunicorn View Post
Normally only 2 strokes but if you have a cart that was neglected for awhile and burning oil it could possibly cause issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by comin_in_hot View Post
Mainly 2strokes because people dont run the right fuel/oil ratio. I bought my cart from a fellow dirtbike racer. He put the same gas in the cart as his dirtbike. 50:1. My muffer is heavy as a rock because the packing is full of the unburned oil.
What I thot, Im just grasping right now LOL Thanks
olevet is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO