lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-14-2017, 10:00 AM   #1
Texas001
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Angry How loud is too loud

I have had one thing after another with this cart. Now my drive clutch seems to be making more noise than it should. If you rock the clutch back and forth it clanks and when driving it really clanks/rattles. I don't know if it is the clutch or my new hearing aid that is tuning in on the noise. Should it clank, click, clunk when you move it by hand back and forth? If not is there a tune up kit to stop the clank? Now my wife gets into the act and says why don't you save that new gas cap you just had to have and put it on a new cart. I like her thinking but if I did that I would not have anything to mess with. Trying to cure the clank.
Texas001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-14-2017, 08:56 PM   #2
van the man
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: How loud is too loud

I dont know about your cart, marathon or what, but my ol carts' driven clutch was clankin and a clackin, ran crappy. I took it off and it was all busted up inside. I put a new one on and its as quiet as a UT home game. Boomer Sooner
van the man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 10:15 PM   #3
Texas001
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by van the man View Post
I dont know about your cart, marathon or what, but my ol carts' driven clutch was clankin and a clackin, ran crappy. I took it off and it was all busted up inside. I put a new one on and its as quiet as a UT home game. Boomer Sooner
Was it the driven clutch or the drive clutch. It seems to be my drive clutch, the one on the motor.

I know what you mean about quiet as a UT home game, except in the old days when the Aggies came to town, Gig 'Em.
Old 04-15-2017, 10:24 AM   #4
clr.R4tch3t
Getting Wild

Drive clutches have a tendency to be loud because of the weights. I replaced mine as well. It was clanging and banging around and it wouldn't shift for anything. Unfortunately, those suckers are expensive! Haha
clr.R4tch3t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 10:57 AM   #5
Texas001
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr.R4tch3t View Post
Drive clutches have a tendency to be loud because of the weights. I replaced mine as well. It was clanging and banging around and it wouldn't shift for anything. Unfortunately, those suckers are expensive! Haha
Yeah, expensive is the word. $550 for a drive clutch and $200 for a driven clutch. I did find some knock offs for $211 and $165 respectively. But I have got to cut down all that noise.
Old 04-15-2017, 09:39 PM   #6
clr.R4tch3t
Getting Wild

I went with the 'knock off' version. Mostly because when I called ez-go they said there were no longer any OEM parts left and they could only offer me an aftermarket one for twice the price I could get it myself.
clr.R4tch3t is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO