lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-26-2017, 11:46 AM   #11
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 89 3pg no start-filling with gas

Barely any light? You shouldn't see any light at all. When the piston is pushing up, they need to seal tight.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-26-2017, 12:59 PM   #12
pokesgolfcarts
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cart around View Post
Barely any light? You shouldn't see any light at all. When the piston is pushing up, they need to seal tight.
There is no light along the top edge, but a just a very little on the sides at the right angle. Is there any remedy for that? A small amount of fuel resistant gasket maker?
Would that cause my flooding? I am having a little trouble finding a replacement. Also, is there a wrong way to install the reed valve unit, is there a top and bottom? Thanks again!
pokesgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 02:34 PM   #13
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Mine is a 2pg, and it's been such a long time since it was apart, I don't remember exactly. I would think that they should be hinged on top. I almost remember that the bolt pattern only went one way, but not positive.

I would not use any gasket material.

I'm also not saying for sure that they are the problem. Did you do the string test?
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 03:49 PM   #14
pokesgolfcarts
Not Yet Wild

My cart is running now and I wanted to follow up in case anybody else was following this thread. I cannot say specifically what actually fixed my problem, as I did a few things while the motor was out, so I will just list out everything I did; Inspected/cleaned carb (again) and removed the short rubber hose (overflow?) off of the top.
I took apart the fuel pump, it was okay but the diaphragm was full of gas from having the motor on its side, as I also removed about a liter of gas that was flooded into the crank case.
I flipped the reed valve petals over which provided a slightly tighter fit.

The last thing I did was probably the first thing I should have tried, I replaced the spark plug. The old plug was showing spark, but it had been gas soaked before and I think it may have reduced its performance enough to not ignite.
Hopefully this can help someone else out, sorry I couldn't be more specific.
A big huge thanks to everyone in this community for helping out; cart around- I see you all the time in these threads, everyone really appreciates your insight and help!
pokesgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 12:14 PM   #15
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cart around View Post
Mine is a 2pg, and it's been such a long time since it was apart, I don't remember exactly. I would think that they should be hinged on top. I almost remember that the bolt pattern only went one way, but not positive.

I would not use any gasket material.

I'm also not saying for sure that they are the problem. Did you do the string test?
I found a pic I took when tearing mine apart (2pg), I think the bolt pattern would allow it but it can only go on one way cuz of the metal reed stops......

The petals look weird in this pic but they were fine in real life, must've been the flash or something..........

Glad to read you got your buggy running again Pokesgc
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170509_141033.jpg (218.0 KB, 0 views)
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marathon 2 cycle1989
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO