lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2017, 02:08 PM   #1
jeremykent
Gone Wild

Default Low power at low throttle

I have a 2013 txt. When you press the gas pedal 1/3 the way it is very sluggish and runs rough, has no power at all. When you put it on an incline it just don’t want to go. Once the motor spools up it is very responsive anywhere through the throttle range.

Drained the tank and flushed with new clean gas
Replaced spark plugs
Checked fire it is good
Replaced carb

This is a non mci motor

Any advise would be great
jeremykent is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-11-2017, 02:10 PM   #2
jeremykent
Gone Wild

Default Re: Low power at low throttle

Also adjusted valves to .004
Old 10-11-2017, 02:11 PM   #3
jeremykent
Gone Wild

And compression is 155 both cylinders
Old 10-11-2017, 04:39 PM   #4
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Jack up the cart and floor it and watch the the clutches belt should smoothly rise to the top of primary and sink to bottom of secondary malfunctioning clutches can make it seem like motor is running poorly.
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 05:17 PM   #5
jeremykent
Gone Wild

Clutches seem to be good. I can start in neutral and there is no change clutches are opening and closing
Old 10-11-2017, 06:58 PM   #6
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Hmmm does same thing with different carb so that rules out that good compression rule so that leaves ignition how did you check spark?
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 11:46 PM   #7
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Have you actually had the head off and checked that the inlet valves are not sunk into the head? I know you have good compression, but it would make a difference to the running as the valves become shrouded by the seat and it affects the flow of fuel/air. When you adjusted the valves, were the two inner adjusters showing a fair bit more thread above the locknut than the two outer ones? if so, you need to replace the inlet valves.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 06:37 AM   #8
jeremykent
Gone Wild

Tested spark with inline spark checkers. I have 2 so I can run the motor and see what each one is doing. Good spark all around.

No I have not pulled the head. Seems there is about the same amount of thread showing. I will check again. Going to check the valves again, motor was a little warm when I set them. Figured I would let it sit over night to be sure it was cool.
Old 10-12-2017, 07:42 AM   #9
jeremykent
Gone Wild

Valves are good

Changed ignitor no change

Changed coil, it was a little better so I took it out for a ride. Still when you try to climb any incline it wont do it, had to push it to get going.

I took the seat off and tried to climb a small 2 foot hill. The motor starts, driven clutch closes enough to grab the belt, then it just spins (clutch is spinning belt is not moving) the driven clutch and wont go. Even at wide open the motor wont build any RPM’s to get it going.

Is my driven clutch going bad?

I have a video but couldn’t post it. Kept saying invalid. It is a .mov on my iPhone and I don’t know how to change it.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:46 AM   #10
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

OK, let's look at a couple of things before we get too deep into this, in 2009 the 2cyl Robins motor was replaced with the Kawasaki 401cc single, so if You have a twin it can't be a 2013. Secondly, the MCI motor entered into the mix in the early 2000's, so if it's a pre-MCI the year you are stating is even FARTHER off.

Thirdly, the symptoms You are quoting are indicative of a worn drive belt, measure the width of it, if it's under about 1.25" it's shot and should be replaced - but before You DO the replacement, we should figure out what You really have because a shorter, appropriate belt is going to cost the same as a stock replacement and will give You an additional 10% or so torque-wise than the stock belt.

What's the serial number on the cart, and maybe a few pics of the motor, etc would help us help You better.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO