lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-22-2017, 07:41 AM   #11
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2000 workhorse st350 shocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrmat View Post
Can you recommend a lift for me that is easy on the wallet?
If you want to lift it more (for cheap) STs are a piece of cake. Pull the front axle then flip the hitch plate over and sit it on top the axle then sit your springs on top the hitch plate then the triangle hold down plates, then run longer bolts down through the plates that are welded on bottom of the axle to clamp it all together.

I also put a couple layers of rubber btwn the spring holes in the hitch plate and where it sits on the axle, cut from a bicycle tube.. keeps it from moving instead of metal to metal.

Then in the back a couple 2" blocks btwn the axle and springs with longer bolts.. I use 2x1.5x3" square steel tubing for blocks with holes drilled in the middle of them for the alignment pins on the axle and springs..

all for the price of a few bolts and tubing (I use grade 8 bolts)

and Cartmaster is right you will need shock extenders in front..

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/m...SABEgKsRvD_BwE

and if you do the front first you might like the stance without doing the back.. done that too.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-22-2017, 08:27 AM   #12
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Stovebolt, Looking at his pictures, i dont think he has the tow bracket so blocks between springs and frame would be his other option as i said in the last post. I too have just done the front instead of replacing relaxed springs for a pensioner with little money to play with. Stance was fine.

If i recall i needed to drill the blocks for the front too, to fix them in place on the third (rearmost) bolt.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 08:37 AM   #13
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
Stovebolt, Looking at his pictures, i dont think he has the tow bracket so blocks between springs and frame would be his other option as i said in the last post. I too have just done the front instead of replacing relaxed springs for a pensioner with little money to play with. Stance was fine.

If i recall i needed to drill the blocks for the front too, to fix them in place on the third (rearmost) bolt.
That's another option too but pulling the floormat and getting everything lined up is a pain in the azz
without taking everything a part, he does have the hitch plate in front.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:41 AM   #14
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

My monitor is a bit iffy and cannot see the pic clearly at work. I shall look again when home lol.

On my St, i cut flaps in the floor rubber

Only because i kept changing stuff on the front to accommodate different wheel sets for different shows so i had an excuse LOL

On this one i welded retainer plates to the top of the axle and used the ends of a bent TXT axle to extend the shocks, but i didn't like the look so took it all off again.

You can just see the block lift at the back of the springs too.

DSC00081.jpg
Old 11-22-2017, 09:00 AM   #15
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

I just remembered, i have an ST350 in storage. might have to go get it and have a play with it. Maybe take the 620cc Kawasaki V Twin engine out of one of my TXT's and stuff it in the ST then do another monster lift on it for a laugh. I think i am getting the bug back

I only came back to the forum cos i was bored at work. What have i done ?

And whatever happened to Ruredy, i am sure he would have joined in with this thread.
Old 11-22-2017, 09:07 AM   #16
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Quote:
I just remembered, i have an ST350 in storage. might have to go get it and have a play with it. Maybe take the 620cc Kawasaki V Twin engine out of one of my TXT's and stuff it in the ST then do another monster lift on it for a laugh. I think i am getting the bug back

I only came back to the forum cos i was bored at work. What have i done ?
Sounds like a plan. I'm too old, just mow the grass and take the garbage out, then spend the rest of time in my recliner.
Old 11-22-2017, 09:09 AM   #17
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

I will send you a pair of Tartan slippers and a Tartan throw to keep your knees warm.

So what happened to Ruredy.
Old 11-22-2017, 09:23 AM   #18
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Quote:
I will send you a pair of Tartan slippers and a Tartan throw to keep your knees warm.

So what happened to Ruredy.
I'd appreciate that, don't know about Ruredy, looks like his last posts where in 2010, he was a wealth of knowledge.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO