lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-24-2017, 01:12 AM   #11
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: No throttle under load

Reading between the lines it sounds like the carb is flooding to me. This would cause a very rich fuel mix and extreme lack of power.

If you are running a vacuum fuel pump, you should not see the carb overflowing. I suggest a good service on the carb. I dont know what type you have but assume it is a normal one and needs the float valve changed, or cleaned. This is just a generalisation as i assume you have a two stroke and i dont know much about these as we dont see many in the UK.

And please, if you get any results from Stovebolt, please post back here to let others know where the problem was.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-24-2017, 07:10 AM   #12
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
Reading between the lines it sounds like the carb is flooding to me. This would cause a very rich fuel mix and extreme lack of power.

If you are running a vacuum fuel pump, you should not see the carb overflowing. I suggest a good service on the carb. I dont know what type you have but assume it is a normal one and needs the float valve changed, or cleaned. This is just a generalisation as i assume you have a two stroke and i dont know much about these as we dont see many in the UK.

And please, if you get any results from Stovebolt, please post back here to let others know where the problem was.
don't know about 2 cycles or much about carbs other than clean and set float bowl level and don't they have a reed valve?.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 09:35 AM   #13
hardway
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Got two carbs with the cart. 1 Chinese and the original,I think. Both have been cleaned and tried. The original is on cart now.I picked up in other threads to bend float bowl lever to raise bowl level to prevent flooding. We have run auxiliary fuel line back to tank to help with over flow and it runs a lot. Cart does have a homemade lift, which I have read can mess with bowl levels some how. It does have reeds also. When the crew gets here we plan to pull everything out again to fix bowl and check to see if reeds sit flat.We have pulled out reeds to clean, there was a a lot of carbon, but did not really look at how well they sealed. Had an off the block pulse pump. Replaced with an on the block pump, no spacer which will have to be addressed before we are through. Just a thought, would a fuel shut off valve work as a way to reduce fuel flow if I chocked it off a tad?
hardway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 09:42 AM   #14
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardway View Post
Got two carbs with the cart. 1 Chinese and the original,I think. Both have been cleaned and tried. The original is on cart now.I picked up in other threads to bend float bowl lever to raise bowl level to prevent flooding. We have run auxiliary fuel line back to tank to help with over flow and it runs a lot. Cart does have a homemade lift, which I have read can mess with bowl levels some how. It does have reeds also. When the crew gets here we plan to pull everything out again to fix bowl and check to see if reeds sit flat.We have pulled out reeds to clean, there was a a lot of carbon, but did not really look at how well they sealed. Had an off the block pulse pump. Replaced with an on the block pump, no spacer which will have to be addressed before we are through. Just a thought, would a fuel shut off valve work as a way to reduce fuel flow if I chocked it off a tad?
You need to lower the level for flooding.
Old 11-24-2017, 10:08 AM   #15
hardway
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Brain fart. Thank you.
Old 11-24-2017, 11:04 AM   #16
hardway
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Reeds out.Pic 1 is clean. Pic 2 was cleaned when we first started to work on cart. That much gunk has built up since we started running it. Left reed moves maybe 1/64,right side a1/32 so I will clean and turn them over. Clean side reeds are taught. Carb float has to be all the way up to stop fuel flow so I will bend the armature DOWN.(thx stovebolt)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GEDC0660.jpg (109.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg GEDC0661.jpg (155.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-24-2017, 01:43 PM   #17
hardway
Gone Wild

Yamaha

OK I set reeds after a few attempts. Beware, the nut and bolts are very small. I used a magnetized screwdriver to test and feel the reeds for snugness. Adjusted float to 3/4 up to shut off fuel, was all the way up.By pass fuel line was still getting fuel but not as much. Now I don't get full rpm. Acted like it wasn't getting enough full. Backfires thru crank shaft seal which we replaced earlier (fan side).Could I have blown this out again? When I re removed carb, bowl was full so I don't think I raised the float too much. ANY IDEAS????? Thank all for your time and patience.
Old 11-24-2017, 02:30 PM   #18
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardway View Post
OK I set reeds after a few attempts. Beware, the nut and bolts are very small. I used a magnetized screwdriver to test and feel the reeds for snugness. Adjusted float to 3/4 up to shut off fuel, was all the way up.By pass fuel line was still getting fuel but not as much. Now I don't get full rpm. Acted like it wasn't getting enough full. Backfires thru crank shaft seal which we replaced earlier (fan side).Could I have blown this out again? When I re removed carb, bowl was full so I don't think I raised the float too much. ANY IDEAS????? Thank all for your time and patience.
Thought you were going to lower it?
Old 11-24-2017, 03:11 PM   #19
hardway
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoveBolt View Post
Thought you were going to lower it?
Dang it. I am directionaly challenged. We did lower the float BY raising the armature.
We did get enough rpm's,(still backfiring) by sealing bypass line, to close primary and open secondary but I was able to hold wheel with my foot to keep it from rotating. Do we also have a secondary problem?
Old 11-24-2017, 03:38 PM   #20
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

When you were holding the wheel, did the secondary clutch keep turning, or did it stop too?

Was the belt slipping?

Was the primary clutch still closed?

Was the engine bogging down?
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO