lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-08-2017, 08:59 AM   #11
buster two
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 420 clone install in a txt

sure wish my barn was heated, it's brutal out there this morning. 11 deg.
buster two is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-08-2017, 09:54 AM   #12
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

About the same here this morning buster. Hurry up and make a few more posts so you can post some pics of that conversion. Not sure how many posts you need but you should be close.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 10:22 AM   #13
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Pictures can be uploaded at any time. Click on the go advanced box below, and click on the paperclip.

It's live web links that can't be posted for about a week of membership.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 07:06 PM   #14
buster two
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

most all the parts are painted ,i will take a picture of each part before reassembly,and after assembly. got a new belt for the starter/generator,haven't welded the adjustment bracket on yet. will finish it monday. i may need some help putting the wires back on the starter generator,got in a hurry and did not label them.,also haven't sorted out the throttle cable. thinking that i would leave the governor in place. any suggestions,pictures would be of help. this project was more work than i thought it would be. When i was younger i used to could work faster....use to could ...is what i say all the time it seems now...
Old 12-12-2017, 10:55 PM   #15
buster two
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

ok update; got a few more tweaks to finish., like relay to kill engine when gas petal is released , maybe change the throttle to do away with the governor. not sure yet.,grand kids don't need the speed. ordered new adjustable carb,and spacer with pulse tube. i have a couple questions......i bought an extended belt from vegas carts, they said to adjust the belt tight if i were going to use starter/generator set up. so that's what i did when i made the motor cradle. i did the first test run today and it seems that the clutches don't pick up as fast as the robbins did. in other words has to rev quite a bit more before any thing happens. do you think i need more slack in the drive belt. would the clutches engage quicker at lower engine RPM. top end [with governor working] is more than needed. scary fast for a cart with out wheel spacers for a wider stance. is there a happy medium to make the clutches work at lower RPM but still have the power for hills? can this be done with adjusting belt tension. using stock clutches. they worked fine with old engine and a loose belt. i'll be taking more pictures of almost completed build tomorrow.
Old 12-12-2017, 11:02 PM   #16
buster two
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

about forgot .,the other question.....when i install the carb spacer with pulse tube. i need two t'ees ,one in the line to the spacer and one ahead of the filter, or after the filter ,for the return.?
Old 11-07-2018, 08:07 AM   #17
Ndawg12
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

This forum is great but so many promising threads like this just end with no conclusion. I was really looking forward to the pics and outcome as I'm in the middle of a similar build.
Ndawg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 08:29 AM   #18
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Agreed ndawg. But there are a lot of other similar threads that can help you finish out your project. Sometimes you have to patchwork them together.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO