lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-25-2018, 08:32 AM   #1
flo3z
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy 94 EZGO 4 Stroke Cylinder Head Question

Hello everyone! Obviously new to forum and new to the golf cart game. I have recently purchased a 94 Gas 4 stroke EZGO Medalist with a 295cc Robins Engine and have been doing some minor maintenance and improvements. I've noticed a few other threads on the this forum with regards to carts requiring a choke in order to start the cart at every stop and am having the same issue. However, this is not where my question lies, but where it originated. I began doing some valve adjustments to my cart after acquiring an engine manual. While I was doing my adjustments, a screwdriver bit fell into the cylinder head. Obviously this is concerning, is the next logical/easiest step to pull the engine?
flo3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-25-2018, 09:38 AM   #2
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 94 EZGO 4 Stroke Cylinder Head Question

Did the bit go down the oil return holes?

If so I would try using magnets to fish it out.

If that doesn't work try to get the bit all the way to the crankcase, drain oil and see if it comes out.
Gearhead1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 09:44 AM   #3
flo3z
Not Yet Wild

Yes, it did make it down the oil return, conveniently. I've tried fishing with a magnet but thus far haven't had any luck.
Old 10-25-2018, 10:29 AM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

That sucks!

IF you take off the oil filter, does that hole offer access into the crankcase? I had a 2001 with the 295 and the oil filter is on the side held in by 3 bolts. I just pulled the filter and replaced it with a new one, did not look to see if you could see what was behind it. But if you can pull the oil filter out and it goes through to the crankcase, it may give you a lot more room to work with and try to fish it out with a magnet if you drain the oil.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 02:33 PM   #5
flo3z
Not Yet Wild

I plan on draining the oil this weekend. Wish me luck!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO