lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-25-2018, 08:50 PM   #1
clhall
Not Yet Wild

Default '03 EzGo/Cush runs then Governor kicks in.

This thing will run a dog then once high RPMs reached the stupid Governor kicks in and Power drops. The clutches open and close fine , from what I see. I hold the peddle down, the engine will Rev high and then this stupid Gov junk kicks in and Power drops. I've tried disconnecting different linkage pieces for the governor but it won't disable it. I'm not sure if, I need to adjust throttle going to the governor or What. It's driving me crazy. The manufacturer told me that due to Liability issues, they couldn't help.

But a different post solved the oil in the air box and I am thankful for that. It's an '03 6 person shuttle with robins Eh35c engine. I am almost on the verge of committing Golf Cart abuse by way of shotgun. Thanks for the Air Box tip.
clhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-26-2018, 06:30 AM   #2
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: '03 EzGo/Cush runs then Governor kicks in.

That's what governors do to keep from exploding these little motors. There is a spring on top the rearend where you can tighten the nut to delay the governor from kicking in.... don't go overboard.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...4-strokes.html
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 12:40 PM   #3
clhall
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply, It's been messed with before I purchased it. I guess just more patience and time trying to correct it. Appreciate the help.
Old 11-26-2018, 12:46 PM   #4
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoveBolt View Post
That's what governors do to keep from exploding these little motors. There is a spring on top the rearend where you can tighten the nut to delay the governor from kicking in.... don't go overboard.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...4-strokes.html
StoveBolt is correct!

These engines were not built for high rpm!

You can up the rpm some and be ok.

but if you go too far or do away with it. It will come apart!!

You got to PAY to PLAY. LOL
Gearhead1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 06:25 PM   #5
clhall
Not Yet Wild

10-4 hate to sound like Columbo but one more Question..
IF someone , not me, messed with the linkage for the carburator and the ones dealing with the governor, this will also effect MY current headache. I say this because, I have turned turned the Gov spring in and out. It has effected the Gov but it either cuts out way to fast or nothing. Or is there still a sweet spot to find

Any further advice that would is GREATLY APPRECIATED.
Old 11-28-2018, 07:03 PM   #6
clhall
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the advice Stove and Gear. I believe abit more tinkering with the linkage between the Governor and carburator, I might have. Currently I have it to the point where it not kicking in, maybe Abit more tinkering. At least now my kids can have a little fun.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO