lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-01-2018, 10:53 PM   #11
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: ezgo 350 oil pressure prime

I filled it through the sensor hole again, runs great and light is off. Start and stop and all is well. After sitting for 10 min, loses prime and no oil pressure again.

Ordered a new oil filter, oil pump cover and o-ring. I'll replace those next weekend or so and update good or bad. If bad then I'll pull the motor again and double check the o-ring inside the cover. But with any luck this will take care of it!
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-02-2018, 09:31 AM   #12
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

[QUOTE=CP241;1564294]I filled it through the sensor hole again, runs great and light is off. Start and stop and all is well. After sitting for 10 min, loses prime and no oil pressure again.

Ordered a new oil filter, oil pump cover and o-ring. I'll replace those next weekend or so and update good or bad. If bad then I'll pull the motor again and double check the o-ring inside the cover. But with any luck this will take care of it![/QUOTE

I got a Hondo $ that says that will solve the issue!

That is exactly how mine would do.
Gearhead1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 01:07 PM   #13
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I sure hope so! I'll update as soon as I get them on either way.
Old 12-02-2018, 06:32 PM   #14
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

If you still had the original O-ring I would put it back on. I am betting that will fix your problem. Too much space between the gears and plate would probably cause it to lose prime.

I had an engine sitting on my workbench today. I looked close at the cover you are talking about and you can actually see where the gear rubbed it. Those extra fat O-rings need to be tossed in file 13
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 06:46 PM   #15
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I do still have the original o ring. But not tearing the covers and stuff off again until I have a new cover to put on it. I'll do it all at once. I've got the carryall to haul stuff around so not in a huge rush. :) I'll replace all and be sure to follow up.
Old 12-09-2018, 10:17 AM   #16
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead1956 View Post

I got a Hondo $ that says that will solve the issue!

That is exactly how mine would do.
I'll take that $100 now lol. Replaced oil filter and o ring, oil pump cover and o ring. And applied some grease on both o rings to be sure they seal. There was a little dirt under the oil pump cover o ring so I was sure that was it. Nope. If anything it lost prime faster than before lol. So pulled the engine and the case cover off per trig's suggestion. The original o ring inside the case was super hard and dry and sort of smashed and deformed. So I really think that was it. Replaced it, and put the side cover back on. I'll try and get the motor put back in today and I'll follow up with results. Fingers crossed!
Old 12-09-2018, 10:56 AM   #17
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Wooops,
Old 12-09-2018, 11:05 AM   #18
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

ok, I am blind and cant remember S--t

There is an o-ring in the block, I believe my rebuild kit came with one, so it was replaced.
Old 12-09-2018, 12:32 PM   #19
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Just a thought, You could use a impact and bench test before you reinstall.

I don't know, but seem a little strange? You did have a o-ring in place and a new gasket.
but this pump design makes the pump pull a long way to get oil. not what I am used to dealing with. Most pumps are made to push and are mounted closer to the sump.
Old 12-09-2018, 03:07 PM   #20
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Yes very strange indeed. But still a no-go. New o ring in the block, new filter and o ring, and new cover and o ring. Still no dice. If I prime it through the sensor hole, test light turns off immediately and I drove it about 2 or 3 miles around my yard, no issues. Smooth, quiet, strong. Runs like a new engine should. But... if I Stop for 5 minutes, and go again the light never turns off Again. Kinda getting over messing with this thing!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO