lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-04-2018, 10:59 AM   #1
Ndawg12
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Tapped Carb Spacer - No Pulse

So I know there is sort of a debate on where to get a pulse from, carb spacer vs. valve cover vs somewhere on the block. Vegas carts sells a carb spacer so I trust that method should work. So I tapped my carb spacer and ran my pulser hose to the bottom of the mechanical fuel pump, ran all my fuel lines, even installed a T and overflow line back to the tank. Anyways I can not get a pulse at the fuel pump. Here's the kicker, I'm having to use the pull start for right now, but I pulled it several times and never saw any movement of fuel through the filter.

Am I just not getting a strong enough pulse by pull starting? I couldn't feel any pressure when I disconnected the pulser hose from the fuel pump and tried pull starting. Should I fill the bowl with fuel and try? Or get the original gravity feed tank out and hook it up? Other ideas?
Ndawg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-04-2018, 11:06 AM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Tapped Carb Spacer - No Pulse

A tap off the carb spacer will have the same vacuum pulse the carb itself would have. If there is no vacuum there you have bigger problems - it would not draw fuel and air into the engine. Can you get a second person to help: one pull the rope, the other to feel for vacuum? It won't be a strong pulse, but there must be some. You also might not have pumped it enough. Remember you are having to draw fuel up the pick up tube (against gravity) through the line to the pump/filter/carburetor. It can take a bit.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 11:06 AM   #3
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

I tapped a pulse line into my valve cover last week. There wasn’t much pulse pull starting. I had to fill the carb with gas to start it and then there was enough pulse to run the fuel pump.

I had to prime the fuel pump by filling it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 01:25 PM   #4
Ndawg12
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
I tapped a pulse line into my valve cover last week. There wasn’t much pulse pull starting. I had to fill the carb with gas to start it and then there was enough pulse to run the fuel pump.

I had to prime the fuel pump by filling it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks gents, I will try this tonight!!!
Ndawg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO