lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-13-2019, 04:47 PM   #11
Spyder5378
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Ezgo marathon starting without pedal

So I began working on the 84 and actually got that one running easier. Needed to do a blown head gasket. Anyway...the bracket for the throttle and micro switch in the 84 appears different than the 81. The 84 is mounted to a bracket which is part of the frame. The 81 does not appear to have this. Is there anyone else that has an 81 ezgo marathon that could take a picture of the throttle assembly for me to see what I need? The micro switch does function properly which is why the engine runs when the key is turned on. Thanks again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190113_142252.jpg (328.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190113_125514.jpg (244.3 KB, 0 views)
Spyder5378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-15-2019, 08:39 AM   #12
racin161
Gone Wild

81 does have the disc attached to the throttle linkage it is also shared with the early harley carts.The mirco switch wiring would still be wired like the 84 and operate the the same as the 84 switch on the frame bracket. Adjustment would be by adjusting the nut on the rod as to increase the distance or reduce the distance from the mirco switch. Hope this makes sense.

LOU
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 01:28 PM   #13
Spyder5378
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Lou. I thought originally all of the stuff was missing but that makes sense. I was curious what the disc was flapping around there. I will look at it this weekend. Thanks again for the reply
Spyder5378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO