lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-29-2019, 02:05 PM   #11
innotivity
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Gas in Oil - 2005 Workhorse 350cc

Could it be bleeding in overnight from the fuel pump's main line? That would make a lot of sense, and a petcock would be such a simple fix.

Thanks!

Will trash the cheap carb, maybe just get a new one from ex go directly for the 180 bucks or whatnot, and also pull the old one and clean it as well to have on hand. I have two identical Workhorses, and the other has the same issue, so having a good carb on hand for quick swapping would make sense.

Love having common parts.
innotivity is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-29-2019, 02:15 PM   #12
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I'd just inspect the needle and seat closely, that is where your issue will likely be. Make sure the float is adjusted correctly as well or it may never shut off. IF you still have the original carb, an ultrasonic cleaner full of carb cleaner does a wonderful job. Amazon carb can be useful for little parts, springs, float bowl gasket, etc. IT's the internal workings and jets that have poor quality control and create more problems than they fix.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 09:39 AM   #13
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

The cheep CHINA carb's will work ok. The major issue with then that I have found is getting all the trash out of the left from the manufacturing process.

You need to pull carb completely apart, including the 2 jets, soak overnight and blow compressed air thru the passages. They are very small and the smallest piece of trash can hold the needle valve open.

Just my experience with them
Gearhead1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 01:03 PM   #14
innotivity
Not Yet Wild

Not that it matters, but it looks like the prior carb from a local repair place, and the Amazon China carb are both the pre-MCI carbs. I am ordering an MCI carb just to have it on hand. But I am not sure if that would have a **** thing to do with gas in the oil pan.

Thank you for all your help on this, for sure I am ordering as much as possible from EZ Go just to have the OEMs on hand for future repairs. The extra bucks on just getting everything straightened out is pennies compared to my time wasted and loss of use on down time.

Once I have them both back up and running I will post a summary so everyone can have a good laugh.
innotivity is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO