lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-23-2018, 08:24 PM   #1
gsmith27549
Not Yet Wild

Default 2006 RXV Starter solenoid remains engaged after started and running. Is this normal?

I believe 2006 is correct year for the RXV. I’ve replaced the 12 volt relay and starter solenoid but still remains engaged (closed) when running. After a few trips around the block, the starter solenoid remains fused or completely fails to engage.
Having no success acquiring a schematic diagram.

Last edited by gsmith27549; 12-23-2018 at 08:26 PM.. Reason: Grammar
gsmith27549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-23-2018, 08:30 PM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2006 RXV Starter solenoid remains engaged after started and running. Is this norm

On a normal pedal start gas cart the solenoid does sty engaged as long as the engine is running. The same power path that supplies 12 volt + to the starter also carries the power from the generator back to the battery. As such it must be a correct continuous duty solenoid to put up with it's intended use. People will occasionally install a automotive or lawn and garden starter solenoid. They look similar from the outside,but will not.last in golf cart use.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 09:30 PM   #3
gsmith27549
Not Yet Wild

Thumbs up Re: 2006 RXV Starter solenoid remains engaged after started and running. Is this norm

Meimk,

Your response makes perfect sense. A L&G solenoid is what I had used as the initial replacement. I’ll secure the correct replacement and move forward.
I operate my own shop primarily on most makes and models of outdoor powered equipment, marine engines and welding. There’s a large concentration of gas carts in a local, private community where I have several customers.
Thanks for your prompt reply and guidance.

George Smith
Smith’s Mower, Marine & Welding, LLC
www.SmithsMowerMarineWelding.com

👍
Old 12-23-2018, 11:05 PM   #4
DannyAbear
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2006 RXV Starter solenoid remains engaged after started and running. Is this norm

I was told the same story about my XRT800, but not correct. There should be a diode connected between the 2 large terminals to allow the gen to charge without the solinoid engaged
DannyAbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 06:36 AM   #5
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyAbear View Post
I was told the same story about my XRT800, but not correct. There should be a diode connected between the 2 large terminals to allow the gen to charge without the solinoid engaged
Is your XRT800 pedal start or key start? Makes a difference. Unless someone has modified it, the RXV should be a pedal start, and the solenoid for it will be continuous duty.
Old 12-24-2018, 09:26 AM   #6
gsmith27549
Not Yet Wild

It’s a pedal start.
Old 12-25-2018, 09:51 PM   #7
gsmith27549
Not Yet Wild

Meimk
This my selection for a continuous duty 12volt starter solenoid.
NEW 12V 150A CONTINUOUS DUTY SOLENOID FOR GOLF CARTS 300A.

Should be in Friday’s parts order. I’ll keep you posted when I know the results.

Thanx!!!

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...d-298954955486
Old 12-25-2018, 10:26 PM   #8
DannyAbear
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
Is your XRT800 pedal start or key start? Makes a difference. Unless someone has modified it, the RXV should be a pedal start, and the solenoid for it will be continuous duty.
Mine is key start
DannyAbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 07:01 AM   #9
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyAbear View Post
Mine is key start
That what I expected. Key start is wired a bit different than pedal start, and I think the XRT800's were all key start from the factory.
Old 12-26-2018, 07:08 AM   #10
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmith27549 View Post
Meimk
This my selection for a continuous duty 12volt starter solenoid.
NEW 12V 150A CONTINUOUS DUTY SOLENOID FOR GOLF CARTS 300A.

Should be in Friday’s parts order. I’ll keep you posted when I know the results.

Thanx!!!

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...d-298954955486
I hope that works out for you. I'm a little concerned about that note on that listing "Note: Normally Make 80A as Working Current, Need Break 5 sec on, 50 min off -/ If u need a long working one, pls note us."
Maybe it's a mistake, but 5 seconds on and 50 minutes off doesn't sound right for even a normal starter solenoid, much less one that is supposed to be continuous duty. Hopefully it will work out for you.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO