lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-16-2019, 05:01 PM   #1
Joshdouglass14
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default HEI proablem

I recently purchased a ezgo workhorse. They took out something ??? And said they changed it to a HEI. It’s from a gm. Now my car isn’t running hardly at all nor was it when I bought it. They said it just needed it’s carb cleaned. I brought it home and now and had a friend clean the carb. Put it back on and still nothing and now realize the cart isn’t even charging the battery. I have no clue what is happening with it.
Joshdouglass14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-17-2019, 08:13 AM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: HEI proablem

Never listen to what someone says is wrong when they sell something that doesnt run. They almost always say it needs carb cleaned becauae to a buyer, its cheap/free and easy. The rest of the time "it needs a coil, they're $10". Truth is they dont know what's wrong or they would have fixed it and sold it for more if it is something simple like that.

Start with the basics. You need fuel, spark, and squish. Your carb has been cleaned so we will assume that is okay for now. Check to see if you have spark and do a compression test. Let us know what you find.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 05:01 PM   #3
dirtyyoda77
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: HEI proablem

lol happened to me cart wouldn't run right was super low on power wouldn't even make it up on the trailer

long story short motor was done because it broke a rod

become familiar with the wiring diagrams on here once you get it back to stock then go from there as stated above
dirtyyoda77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO