lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2019, 05:40 PM   #1
broncosaurs
Not Yet Wild

Default Needed G2 Ignitor and plug

I need a G2 igintor and the plug to go into the ignitor.
I would have put in "For Sale" but I do not have enough posts.

Bought an 1986 g2 thinking I could fix it up for a cart at the river. The cart must have been running and went under water. Took engine apart and top of piston was clean, rings rusted to piston, cylinder wall rusted and intake valve and seat rusted, carb corroded closed. Pins on ignitor decade so much they all broke off. Jokes on me . Good news, if there is any, cylinder never been bored, rod not bent and no water in case.

Thanks Brad
broncosaurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2019, 06:35 PM   #2
bbdoc
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Needed G2 Ignitor and plug

I am very new to the G2, as in this week, but the OEM ignitors are close to $400 and everything you see cheap online is apparently expensive aftermarket paperweight.

I'm trying the chrysler modification for $30 this week and I can let you know how it goes.
bbdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 07:58 AM   #3
broncosaurs
Not Yet Wild

Thanks bbdoc. Keep me updated.
Old 05-28-2019, 11:15 AM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/golf-...2-ignitor.html

I may have the connector if he doesn't. I had a junk harness I pulled out of a cart but I may have thrown it out I'd have to check. Or you could swap to the HEI conversion, it's cheap and works well.
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 12:15 PM   #5
broncosaurs
Not Yet Wild

CP241, I read about the HEI but I don't see how there can be any advance with this system. I added a comment to this
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...ml#post1619179
Old 05-28-2019, 12:31 PM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

There is no advance with the HEI conversion. Timing is static, but I've never noticed any negatives to it. Most people that have done it just notice that it seems to start easier and run as strong as it ever did. I recently sold the G9 I did over a year ago, but never had a single problem out of the ignition system except for the 1 time I ran through a field, had a branch poke through the bottom of the cart and pull one of the wires off the ignition coil lol

Really, if your ignitor is bad there's only a few options. It's a 30+ year old cart and that really narrows options down.

1. find a used one from someone
2. buy a new OEM one for big bucks
3. HEI conversion.

I wouldn't waste a dime on one of the aftermarket junk units, so I don't count that as an option.
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha