lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2019, 09:00 PM   #11
sfelts
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Diagnosis - Cart not Moving

I’m wondering if the spring broke? I was told that the cart is a 2013, however the date code says j2910. Wouldn’t that be a 2010 model?
sfelts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-01-2019, 09:35 PM   #12
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

The rear clutch is your driven clutch. I don't have a manual on this clutch and am not sure if you need a puller to remove it or not. I noticed one on shopezgo and it sure looks like you might. Maybe someone else here has removed one.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 06:59 AM   #13
sfelts
Not Yet Wild

I’m going to try and carefully get it off today. Now I am thinking after watching several videos to familiarize myself with the clutch if the horseshoe pin didn’t break. I say that because the very back of the clutch is resting on the engine mount.
Old 06-02-2019, 07:12 AM   #14
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If you are saying that the inner clutch plate is resting on the housing it sounds like the C clip that holds the clutch together has come out. Before you take the clutch bolt out make sure to clamp those plates together somehow or you will be wearing that clutch!

Edit. I misspoke, it is probably the helix resting but still same issue. Go look here page 110. Different clutch but same design. http://products.jacobsen.com/img/manuals/605586.pdf
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 08:06 AM   #15
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

kgsc, I think you may have hit it. Never had this to happen but there is a 1st for everything. sfelts does your clutch look like picture one or two ? It looks like the one in picture 2 when I viewed the video but it is hard to say because I cold not see it all. If so then you have the newer model . Never had one off but I am sure they work the same way. Just not sure how it comes apart because I can't see all of it. In the video it sure looks pushed back.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg driven clutch..jpg (25.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg driven clutch ezgo 2013.jpg (54.8 KB, 0 views)
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 10:15 AM   #16
sfelts
Not Yet Wild

Here is a pic of what I am dealing with. I have already taken the center bolt out. However that stupid thing isn’t budging.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g51...w?usp=drivesdk
Old 06-02-2019, 10:34 AM   #17
sfelts
Not Yet Wild

Kgsc, that looks like it to me. Are you sure its different? I want to order the clutch puller but I am finding if difficult to figure out the part number I need. Trig123, it looks like the second one.
Old 06-02-2019, 10:36 AM   #18
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

You might have to give it some love with a hammer

But again be careful because that spring is under tension.

Edit. I have seen 3 different ezgo driven clutch designs. The 2 in the pics and a team clutch. They all work pretty much the same.

Edit2. From looking at the video it appears that you have the one in picture 2 and the c clip has let go. Yamaha was known for this and actually has a ring you can buy that goes between the clutch and the transaxle so that if this happens it doesn’t eat the tranny. Anyway it must come off.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 10:56 AM   #19
sfelts
Not Yet Wild

I don’t want to buy this, however do you fellows suggest that I get this tool?

https://tinyurl.com/yycef9uo
Old 06-02-2019, 10:57 AM   #20
sfelts
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
You might have to give it some love with a hammer

But again be careful because that spring is under tension.

Edit. I have seen 3 different ezgo driven clutch designs. The 2 in the pics and a team clutch. They all work pretty much the same.

Edit2. From looking at the video it appears that you have the one in picture 2 and the c clip has let go. Yamaha was known for this and actually has a ring you can buy that goes between the clutch and the transaxle so that if this happens it doesn’t eat the tranny. Anyway it must come off.
Yeah, thankfully on this cart the engine mount runs partially behind it. Thank GOD for small favors..
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO