lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2019, 09:23 PM   #1
93fs
Not Yet Wild

Default yamaha g9 tie rod assembly

so ive had my 92 g9 laying around for years and finally decided to throw some money at it. ill post a "build thread soon, but i just got done installing a jakes 7" double arm lift. went to set the toe since it was way off after the lift and the passenger side tie rod is seized. i can only get the sleeve to move about a 1/4 turn. and ive just about trashed the ends fighting it. so i decided id just order a whole new assembly. while looking online it shows listings for g9-g19 and the picture looks like its a rod with 2 male threaded ends whereas mine has internal threads. is this just a design change? or am i missing something? i hate to order a pair since my driver side broke free. but i dont want the steering to be all funky like it is now. any help would be greatly appreciated.
93fs is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2019, 09:10 PM   #2
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: yamaha g9 tie rod assembly

May be a design change. Not sure. But should work if the size/length is the same and adjustable. I'd check several different sites. Check out our sponsor's page: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/site-....php?styleid=3

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 10:06 PM   #3
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

You might want to look at a picture of the G2-8 type. That was what on my G14 rather than the later type as was listed as G14-16.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 05:50 AM   #4
grantspec
Getting Wild

I installed the new design tie rods on my G9 and they work just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
grantspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha