lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-06-2019, 05:37 PM   #1
lostboy
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default G1 fuel pump replacement

Does anyone have a specific part # for the replacement fuel pump ...I do not want to modify anything, the original is 130$ some plastics chinese knockoffs are 15$ ...has anyone actually installed one and can YOU ATTACH AN ORDERING LINK TO YOUR RESPONSE. Maybe I am missing something ......I can not figure it out and I wpold prefer not to spend 100+
lostboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-06-2019, 06:42 PM   #2
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 fuel pump replacement

https://www.amazon.com/Briggs-Stratt...gateway&sr=8-6

https://www.amazon.com/Mikuni-Alumin...gateway&sr=8-9
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 07:42 PM   #3
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Will these bolt in the stock location?
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 07:46 PM   #4
kevincpa
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Lost Boy..Have you replaced the fuel pump? If so which one did you use? I am currently working on getting my G1 running an noticed that I am not getting any fuel. As of now it looks like it might be a weak or bad fuel pump. I took the pump apart nd did not notice any breaks, however the diaphragm may be stretched. I replaced the vacuum hose to rule out a pinhole or break in the hose. Thinking it is not the seals as it was running prior to letting it sit over the winter. It was running a little rough and before I let it sit.

At any rate I am in the same boat and did not want to spend $130 just to find out it was not a bad pump. Just wanted to see how well the pump worked before I place an order.
kevincpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 07:54 PM   #5
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

those pumps will work but I wasn't sure if they were a bolt in.
If you get a new pump and it still doesn't pump fuel id suspect crank seals more so if you don't know when they were replaced last.
Old 08-06-2019, 08:00 PM   #6
lostboy
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevincpa View Post
Lost Boy..Have you replaced the fuel pump? If so which one did you use? I am currently working on getting my G1 running an noticed that I am not getting any fuel. As of now it looks like it might be a weak or bad fuel pump. I took the pump apart nd did not notice any breaks, however the diaphragm may be stretched. I replaced the vacuum hose to rule out a pinhole or break in the hose. Thinking it is not the seals as it was running prior to letting it sit over the winter. It was running a little rough and before I let it sit.

At any rate I am in the same boat and did not want to spend $130 just to find out it was not a bad pump. Just wanted to see how well the pump worked before I place an order.
Not sure going to give the B/S Fuel pump a shot cheap enough to gamble I will let you know..
lostboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 08:11 AM   #7
kevincpa
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Update.. I bought a secondary market pump off Amazon, however I did not need to use it. I previously took the pump apart and cleaned, however very little debris. I took the carburetor apart and cleaned. The carburetor looked fairly clean as well. I ran across another thread that suggested priming the pump. I installed a primer bulb in the gas line. After priming the pump the cart started.
kevincpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 03:43 PM   #8
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

usually if ive had the fuel system apart ill put some air in the fuel tank to prime it, usually only has to been don't once, more than that you have an issues
Old 10-12-2019, 11:31 PM   #9
cardsrok
Getting Wild

Any pictures of the primer bulb installed?
cardsrok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 11:41 AM   #10
Lochlin
Gone Wild

There really is no need for a pic as this is a very simple procedure.

Attached is a pic of a primer bulb. There is only one place to put it and that is on the gas line between the tank and the fuel pump. The bulb itself will have an arrow on it that indicates fuel flow. The arrow will have to point toward the fuel pump.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Primer Bulb.jpg (3.3 KB, 0 views)
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha