lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-13-2019, 03:58 PM   #11
Bondohead
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 99 TXT look what i picked up last night!

Good point! I found the rwpair manual and trying to figure out where to start. This thing is a jumbled up mess

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
Bondohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-13-2019, 04:28 PM   #12
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

I don’t think you did too badly... fun project TXT.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 05:18 PM   #13
Bondohead
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I want to see if i can get it running good with what i got. If not, probly weld up a big block

Old 10-13-2019, 08:24 PM   #14
Bondohead
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I found the repair manual and will be going through the electrical system tomorrow.
I used an impact on the starter/gen to turn the flywheel so i could check compression but gauge didnt move at all. with the plug removed impact doesnt turn pistons very fast. Does the engine have to turn over fast to get a reading on the compression gauge?
Old 10-13-2019, 10:36 PM   #15
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

It should turn over at about the speed that the starter generator would turn it over.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 05:58 AM   #16
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Manually open the throttle to wide open when you are spinning this engine over with impact wrench. Got to have intake before you have accurate compression reading even though I think you got internal problems.
You got your work cut out for you for sure.
Good luck on this one. Keep us updated how how you are coming with pictures. Do you a budget in mind ? The reason I ask is I bought one similar to this one in March of this year.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 02:32 PM   #17
Bondohead
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

No budget as of yet. Was hoping to work some magic on this one and breathe some life into whats there.
You say you bought one like this. What direction did you go?clone, rebuild ,bigblock?
What$ did you have to spend?

Old 10-20-2019, 07:29 PM   #18
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

[QUOTE=Bondohead;1662706]No budget as of yet. Was hoping to work some magic on this one and breathe some life into whats there.
You say you bought one like this. What direction did you go?clone, rebuild ,bigblock?
What$ did you have to spend?
I only rebuild the original engines. I try and stay with pre-mci but that's just me.

I spent about $300 total on the engine, rings, complete gasket set, intake valves and timing belt , spark plugs and even new fuel lines and pump. You got to shop for deals.
Old 10-21-2019, 08:51 AM   #19
Bondohead
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

looks like my coil and voltage reg are bad.
is there a way to test the pulse pump?
the starter/ gen will turn of i use jumper cables directly to it. is there a way to see if it produces amps while turning? mabe spin it with an impact and use multi meter?
if all the electrical is shot im looking into a clone swap.
Old 10-21-2019, 05:33 PM   #20
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

There is no way you can say the coil and solenoid are bad without first checking it the right way.
Solenoid = There is a blue wire that will be hot when you push the gas pedal with key switch on. It is connected to small terminal on solenoid. Unplug it and check it with a meter or test light to see if you have 12 volts when you push the gas pedal.

The solenoid also has the ground terminal right next to the one with blue wire. You have to get a good ground and most of the time its the mounting plate being rusty that the ignitor, solenoid and voltage regulator bolt to. You have to remove that bracket and clean it. Also many times the wire will come off solenoid coming from ignitor ( orange with white stripe ) No fire if that happens.

It also sounds like you have already made up your mind to put a clone engine in it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO