lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-01-2019, 05:29 PM   #11
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Serial number alternate locations?

It cleaned up nice, and it's red so it's good to go
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-01-2019, 09:46 PM   #12
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

CP. I meant to check on the skinny part of the top of the rail by the rear tire, not the face. May have to lift the body to see it but... CP, sounds like that other cart might be for sale soon.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 11:52 PM   #13
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Well, it *used* to be red. Now it's more of a pinkish-orangeish color. I did try a bit of buffing compound on the front cowl and looks like with a good buff it should clean up nice. If so, I've got no intentions of pulling the body off. Too many rivets for fun

If it doesnt buff out nice then I'll pull the body, strip it, and pick a pretty new color, and check that part of the frame. It's not that important to pull the body JUST to find the serial number.

At least it looks nice when wet

It needs a fair bit of work for sure. But priority is getting it to run right before I start messing with making it look nice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191201_104054.jpg (614.0 KB, 0 views)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 08:11 AM   #14
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Get out a mirror buddy and put that up next to the frame. At least should be if there is anything there.
Old 12-03-2019, 06:13 PM   #15
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I'll check it tonight if I make it out to the shop. Today I was working on making it run like it should. Compression was way down, around 130psi. All 4 valves were tight. Set to spec, compression up to 175 on both cylinders now

Still bogged, slow to respond and slow. It should go way more that 13mph on 22" tires. Checked the governor... the nut was barely on by a thread. Guess someone decided to make it as slow as possible (for kids probably). Tightened it up about 1/3 of the way. Runs a steady 20mph now, responds like it should. Much much better. Runs perfect.

This exposed some slop in the steering that wasnt evident at 12mph but found where the tie rod was loose in the knuckle. I'll tighten that down and she should be a solid running machine again :)
Old 12-04-2019, 08:23 AM   #16
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Well, it *used* to be red. Now it's more of a pinkish-orangeish color. I did try a bit of buffing compound on the front cowl and looks like with a good buff it should clean up nice. If so, I've got no intentions of pulling the body off. Too many rivets for fun

If it doesnt buff out nice then I'll pull the body, strip it, and pick a pretty new color, and check that part of the frame. It's not that important to pull the body JUST to find the serial number.

At least it looks nice when wet

It needs a fair bit of work for sure. But priority is getting it to run right before I start messing with making it look nice.
Not a bad looking cart. Like I mentioned I got a cart exactly like yours. Mine is a 2003 and I have the body off for painting. So far I have not found any serial number on frame. Mine is marked clear in dash which has never been removed. I bought it from the original owner and it was in sad shape.
Are you going to repair that rear flip seat ? If so let me know how you do it ? Have you removed the valve cover to check those intake valve threads ? Post more pictures as you go. I like to see how people bring them back
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 10:24 AM   #17
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Yes, I checked the intake valve threads when I adjusted the valves. Intake was about the same as the exhaust. The exhaust valve on the fan side is the only one that had ant clearance at all, and it was too tight. The other 3 I couldnt fit any feeler gauges in them. Set all 4 to .004 and compression was textbook perfect.

Screwing the governor in is what fixed the drivability issues I was experiencing. It would go quick, get to speed and cruise fine at 12-13mph. Which is plenty fast enough for me personally. But if you went around a turn or something it would lose all power and become completely gutless unless I completely let off the gas and pressed it back to the floor. The governor spring was just too loose to work the carb. So that's fixed.

The drag iink end link was just loose. I tightened the castle nut and the steering is tight like it should be now

Yes, I'll repair the back seat. Undecided yet if I'm going to go full DIY and make my own cushion and stuff, or just spend the 100 bucks on a madjax rear cushion set on Ebay. Lot easier to do that. The frame itself is in good shape, I just need to wire brush the footrest and repaint it. Probably use bedliner because it's a little tougher and gives a little bit of anti-skid.

I got a light kit installed last night so no more bug eye cheap Walmart LED lights: lhmo: I'll get some pics as I go
Old 12-11-2019, 12:31 AM   #18
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Here you go trig :)

Wire wheel and sprayed bedliner on the footrest. Wasnt much surface rust on the rest of the frame but I sprayed that just to clean it up.

New seat covers are on. Much better than the moldy white ones that were pretty much shredded.

After driving it more, the steering was still loose. Not bad but looser than I know it is supposed to be. I think I found the culprit mounting tab clean busted off the rack. New rack installed and now it is tight!

And knowing the white roof is going to clash horribly with the black seats, starting to work on fixing that as well.

And the cowl off another project cart... black base coat with blue ghost pearl. Trying it out... I'll see how it looks after it cures and I wet sand it. if I like it I'll do the rear to match and swap bodies. If not, itll stay red and I'll figure something else to do with the other one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191211_000001.jpg (208.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20191211_000013.jpg (264.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20191211_000059.jpg (187.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20191211_000210.jpg (235.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20191211_000518.jpg (183.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-11-2019, 08:34 AM   #19
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Good work as always. You ever tried Paint with Pearls?
Old 12-11-2019, 08:46 AM   #20
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Good work as always. You ever tried Paint with Pearls?
Thanks :) I've done a few with Pearl's before (pics below). Theyre all done with "paint with pesrls" from amazon. Had a couple others I've had to redo because it didnt turn out well but that's just part of the fun of learning

I'm no body man or painter, but learning is what it's all about!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191107_155554.jpg (503.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20180927_154733.jpg (470.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190811_161830.jpg (529.0 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO