lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-21-2019, 12:11 PM   #1
Greasy24
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 93 gas ezgo

I have a 1993 ezgo, compression was low,replaced valve stem seals, compression is 130 both cylinders, was hard starting but ran fine with compression at 80 , now there is no fire at plugs, replaced ignitor, coil, and have a reading of .019 volts from pulsar but still no fire ? Anyone experienced this before
Greasy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-23-2019, 10:25 PM   #2
dirtyyoda77
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 93 gas ezgo

Bad ground somewhere
dirtyyoda77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 07:55 AM   #3
gotti
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Definitely sounds like a bad ground. Do you have the wiring diagram? Check and clean all your ground points.
gotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 06:50 PM   #4
Greasy24
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Checked grounds also installed new coil still not firing anymore ideas?;
Old 02-13-2020, 10:23 AM   #5
newtjl
Gone Wild

A similiar problem was experienced in this thread....

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...uestion-2.html

Maybe trying a jumper for a ground would be a good place to start troubleshooting.

Let us know what you find out.
newtjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 05:13 AM   #6
Greasy24
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Checked the pulsar coil with a 12v test light on the red wire spinning the engine over I had a signal or light but the other wire which appears to be white had nothing , but pulled the pulsar coil , the firing pickup was covered in grease from crankshaft seal leakage . Going to retest coil with multimeter
Thanks for the information guys
Old 02-15-2020, 09:03 PM   #7
Greasy24
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

From the front of my story, kinda long I bought the cart used when i checked compression it was 80 psi, didn't know much about golf carts but , I work on just about anything noticed the governor adjustment looked off done a full service tune up, cart ran fine about a year kept noticing oil coming into breather, sluggish so adjusted valves , without pulling valve cover i thought maybe valves were staying partially open ,readjusted put new drive belt and decided to pull valve cover, found two blown valves stem seals and exhaust valves crudded up disassembled head and cleaned everything , new valve stem seals new crankshaft seal new camshaft seal new timing belt, put motor back in cart no fire, after much checking decided to take to golf cart shop , guy told me after 2 months he didn't know what was wrong with cart so i brought it home, after looking at some posts from your forum i tested the pulsar,after replacing the ignitor , with a 12v test light and pulsar hooked to the coil also new coil, on the red wire with engine spinning i get a steady light on black wire nothing , when i ohm voltage on pulsar i am getting 20.0 , have checked grounds and battery voltage ,also have looked at a wiring diagram, everything looks in place, Could pulsar still be bad ????
Old 02-15-2020, 09:04 PM   #8
Greasy24
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

By the way compression is now 130 on both cylinders
Old 02-15-2020, 11:26 PM   #9
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Your compression is low. Should be 165+ though that's not gonna affect spark.

You say spark was fine before you removed the motor and reinstalled it into the cart? If that's the case I'd suspect a loose connection somewhere.
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 08:33 PM   #10
newtjl
Gone Wild

Section L of this manual should help you trace it to where you are losing fire...http://products.jacobsen.com/img/manuals/605586.pdf

20 0hms is very low according to the manual.
newtjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO