lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-25-2019, 08:57 PM   #11
dirtyyoda77
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Need some opinions on what I should pay

yea I was thinking max I would pay for it is 250 and thats if the frame wasn't all rotted out

I live close to the largest golf cart community probably in the country I think I will go and check out some of the dealers seems like they don't like rebuilding these old carts and hopefully I can find one for the cheap and closer yet
dirtyyoda77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-25-2019, 08:58 PM   #12
dirtyyoda77
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
i had a whole one with a bad Robbins engine not long ago. As good as the one in the photo, no lift, factory wheels. I sold it for $150. Maybe I sold a bit cheap but not far out of line.
these seem like they are getting harder to come by here in FL
Old 12-25-2019, 08:59 PM   #13
dirtyyoda77
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Check your local cart dealer. Most have a graveyard out back and I'm sure they would have an ezgo without a motor back there for cheap...

I've still got the rear half of the engine cradle if you need one.
thank you
Old 12-25-2019, 09:02 PM   #14
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyyoda77 View Post
these seem like they are getting harder to come by here in FL
They probably are most places too. Seems like when I need something there are no deals anywhere. But when I don't need it they are abundant.

Probably what you are going through too. One will surface. Lots of carts down there.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 09:05 PM   #15
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

The Ezgo's with the pre-mci engines are some of the best made in my opinion. Around these parts they are in high demand and high in price for clean ones. I know I sound like old school but that's how I feel .
Which I could come up with a way to clone these engines
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 09:13 PM   #16
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
The Ezgo's with the pre-mci engines are some of the best made in my opinion. Around these parts they are in high demand and high in price for clean ones. I know I sound like old school but that's how I feel .
Which I could come up with a way to clone these engines
Had I known this a while back I would have let you know what I had.

You ain't that far away. And I mostly mess with Club Car stuff, so you could have had it real cheap.
Old 12-25-2019, 09:40 PM   #17
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I recently picked up a pre-MCI TXT for $100. Lift, decent tires, motor was 100% complete. but overall rough. Very little rust. If the previous owner hadn't done what he had done, I would have rebuilt the motor and called it done and had a nice cart. But they broke a "puller" off in the crankshaft, missing the airbox, cut up the harness BAD, etc. More work than it's worth so I'm putting a 15hp lifan in it instead and selling off what's good in the pre-MCI motor to try and cover some of the 420 conversion. Belt should show up tomorrow and I'll be running and driving.

Trick is. You just gotta keep looking. Good deals pop up all the time you just gotta be "on the game" because they usually sell within a couple hours
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 10:40 PM   #18
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
I recently picked up a pre-MCI TXT for $100. Lift, decent tires, motor was 100% complete. but overall rough. Very little rust. If the previous owner hadn't done what he had done, I would have rebuilt the motor and called it done and had a nice cart. But they broke a "puller" off in the crankshaft, missing the airbox, cut up the harness BAD, etc. More work than it's worth so I'm putting a 15hp lifan in it instead and selling off what's good in the pre-MCI motor to try and cover some of the 420 conversion. Belt should show up tomorrow and I'll be running and driving.

Trick is. You just gotta keep looking. Good deals pop up all the time you just gotta be "on the game" because they usually sell within a couple hours
And that's what it's all about and how it works do do this. It's a challenge to do this sort of thing on a budget. Either do it on a budget or pay somebody to do it/rebuild it for you. Nothing is going to just fall in your lap. if you are happy with the price of something, that's OK. That's the way the world goes around.
Old 12-26-2019, 10:03 AM   #19
dirtyyoda77
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yea that’s the problem I work out of town and only home for a couple days at a time

I have noticed though at these dealerships if they can’t go oem they aren’t rebuilding the stuff and saying the parts are obsolete

I’m with trig I like the pre mci stuff better than the new stuff they are a little finicky sometimes but they are so smooth and run forever if you take care of them
Old 12-26-2019, 10:59 AM   #20
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I would have to agree as well. Pre-MCI is definitely a better built engine than the MCI ones. They may "look" the same but the minor little differences between them make them completely different engines IMO.

And the dealers are doing that because the aftermarket parts for the most part are garbage. They know if they "fix" a cart with the aftermarket junk it's just going to become a boomerang. Easier and safer for their reputation just to say it's no longer available and let them take it somewhere else.

There are exceptions, as with anything, but I can understand that logic.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO