lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-22-2020, 09:14 PM   #1
prose
Not Yet Wild

Default 89 Marathon 3PG No Spark

Cart originally ran great until I did the HEI swap. Ran fine for a year then started blowing out the ignition modules, no problem (other than people hitting the ground after the backfire lol) just throw another in and keep on going... until the last time.

I figured just go back to stock ignition setup to solve my problems right? Nope. Rewired and bought new STOCK ignition system, ignition switch, solenoid, coil, limit switch (pedal), ignitor, and voltage regulator. Pulsar is original, reads within specs 143ohms.

Using the EZGO manual for wiring diagram and specs.

It will blow the fuse if wired Coil Red-> Ignitor Orange, Coil Blue -> Solenoid Green like I would assume. Reverse coil wires and starter runs but only get quick random spark when pedal is 1st pushed and when released.

I’m at a loss here and any help would be appreciated.
prose is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-25-2020, 11:04 AM   #2
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: 89 Marathon 3PG No Spark

oem parts?

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...er-lesson.html
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 05:53 PM   #3
prose
Not Yet Wild

Yes OEM from the local cart shop. All plug type connectors replaced with butt connectors. Everything tests as it should except mo spark while cranking, just the quick one when pedal is 1st pushed and letting off. No amazon or chinese stuff. I also learned my lesson on the carburetors lol.
Old 03-09-2020, 01:51 PM   #4
prose
Not Yet Wild

Problem solved. Gave up and took it to the local shop. One of the parts I replaced fixed the problem just not sure which it was, the first things I replaced when going back to stock system was the ignitor and coil, when that didn't work I finished replacing everything else. Problem was that a coil wire was touching the bracket (blowing fuse makes complete sense now), they put in spacers to raise coil in bracke and cart runs great.

Still not sure why it was blowing those GM HEI modules though, wiring or voltage regulator must have been it.

Will update if anymore problems come up.

Tags
all new parts, blown fuse, elecrical, wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO