lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2020, 08:54 AM   #1
tanner1
Not Yet Wild

Default Oil levels on a lifted cart

I installed a Jakes 6" lift on a 2015 G29. I was told at the dealer that the engine oil will not show full after the lift (if it was on the full mark before). Makes sense if you look at the angle. He told me to park it on a level spot and top it up to full. Also makes sense. The transaxle is also on quite an angle compared to original. I've read on here to jack up to get rear frame level, and fill to bottom of plug. This looks like it could still starve the input shaft bearing when back at running angle. Any experienced thoughts on this would be appreciated. Btw, this is the transaxle with the large rubber filler/level. Thx in advance.
tanner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2020, 09:50 AM   #2
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: Oil levels on a lifted cart

No! Jack the cart up level and drain the oil. Put the cart back on the ground, add 1 qt ONLY! Mark the new level on the dipstick. 1 qt only. The dealer is wrong.

The rear end isn't a problem.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 10:28 AM   #3
tanner1
Not Yet Wild

k. thanks for the info
tanner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 02:46 AM   #4
Stewbuntu
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner1 View Post
I installed a Jakes 6" lift on a 2015 G29. I was told at the dealer that the engine oil will not show full after the lift (if it was on the full mark before). Makes sense if you look at the angle. He told me to park it on a level spot and top it up to full. Also makes sense. The transaxle is also on quite an angle compared to original. I've read on here to jack up to get rear frame level, and fill to bottom of plug. This looks like it could still starve the input shaft bearing when back at running angle. Any experienced thoughts on this would be appreciated. Btw, this is the transaxle with the large rubber filler/level. Thx in advance.
Where is the flapper for the oil?

Based on the flapper location does the lower or higher amount of oil starve or flood the flapper thus decreasing the amount of oil splashed up on to the bottom of the Pistons?

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
Stewbuntu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 07:30 AM   #5
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

The slinger is on the bottom of the connecting rod. 1 qt only. If overfull, it will wind up in the air cleaner and the cart will smoke. Trust me.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 08:00 AM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in VA View Post
The slinger is on the bottom of the connecting rod. 1 qt only. If overfull, it will wind up in the air cleaner and the cart will smoke. Trust me.
X2
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 06:34 PM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

But, I do believe there definitely is a limit how much you can tilt the engine (lifting the cart tilts the engine).

Not only will you have oil supply issues, tilting the carburetor isnt a friendly mod either.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 08:39 AM   #8
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in VA View Post
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 08:40 AM   #9
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
But, I do believe there definitely is a limit how much you can tilt the engine (lifting the cart tilts the engine).

Not only will you have oil supply issues, tilting the carburetor isnt a friendly mod either.

This is why people drop the front of the swing arm like 4-6". I never run an engine at an angle unless it's uphill or downhill lol.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 11:56 AM   #10
Jay Miller
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Hate to hijack this thread but... I have 07 gas Club Car XRT 800 w 6" Jake's double a arm lift, 23x10.5-12 rubber on 13" rims (off of stock caryall 272). Checked rear diff fluid and when I pulled fill plug the oil started coming out. From what I'm reading, and now see on my cart, the engine and rear sit at a slight angle. So, does that mean all oil levels are off? If you need to jack it up to check, what's the purpose, because you run it at the angle, not level. How do guys level it out? I saw something about dropping the front swing arm...how is that done? And wouldn't that just eliminate the front lift?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cart1.jpg (211.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg cart2.jpg (204.9 KB, 0 views)
Jay Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha