lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2020, 03:24 PM   #1
gallagher19
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Oil in Air box NOT LIFTED same oil depth as always

Just happened right now. I have a 1999 Robbins 295cc. The cart has been running great for the past 2 months. Now The cart runs good in neutral. When I ran it from my store to home it just died on me. I looked and could see oil coming out of my air box. So I checked the plugs which both were fouled (dirty) Checked compression and have 150 on each side. Cleaned up both spark plugs because of COVID I won't be able to get a spare until I order on line and pick up tomorrow. I took the air filter and housing off and it runs great. I cleaned up the plugs, checked the oil (up to par). Cleaned air box and cleaned air filter which was a little dirty but not bad. Put it all back together ran great for about 1/4 mile then it started to lose power again. Put it in neutral and it ran fine. No hills or upgrades where I went either. All flat land. What could it be???

Last edited by gallagher19; 04-25-2020 at 03:33 PM.. Reason: Forgot to put oil in air box
gallagher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2020, 08:00 AM   #2
875VA
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Default Re: Oil in Air box NOT LIFTED same oil depth as always

Is your air filter wet from the oil soaking into it? If it is that'll cause it to be very restricted and make it hard to run.
875VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 06:58 AM   #3
gallagher19
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 875VA View Post
Is your air filter wet from the oil soaking into it? If it is that'll cause it to be very restricted and make it hard to run.
Sorry, been busy at work. No it isn't wet. The oil was mainly in the bottom of the air filter casing not the filter itself. Just curious as to why there was so much oil blow by through there.
gallagher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 07:17 AM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Oil in the airbox is usually due to 1 of 2 things. Either its overfilled, and blowing the excess out the crankcase vent. Or the rings are worn and the blowby is pushing oil mist out the vent, which forms back into drips and pools at the bottom of the airbox just below the vent line.

You said cart is not lifted, how far does it come up the dipstick and is it the correct dipstick? Have you changed the oil since you got it? Might not hurt to try, and put the correct amount in so you know it's right.

Also if it runs great in neutral but not under a load, try adjusting the carb mix with the screw on the top. May need to clean, adjust, or even replace the carb, especially if its aftermarket. Those are notorious for running either crazy lean, or so rich you could run 2 motors off of it. The Robin's are fairly particular on the air/fuel mix so if the carb is out of sorts, itll fall flat on its face when you try and drive it.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO