lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2020, 11:36 PM   #1
Lotzagutz22
Not Yet Wild

Default Looking for info

2015 Yamaha Ydrax5f ser. Jc2-211723
Just bought cart and it is flashing fault code 2 long flashes and 2 quick flashes.
Anyone know the code?
Lotzagutz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-02-2020, 03:15 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Looking for info

I have the flash codes, but unfortunately they are at the shop (where I wont be until monday). I'll try looking through my other access points in the meantime.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 04:06 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Ok, that code (2 long, 2 short) is "Intake air temp sensor or circuit". Its a sensor at the back corner of the airbox on the passenger side, between the airbox & the gas tank. It's easily visible without removing, or moving any parts. It pops into a rubber grommet. I didnt dig up the specs for the sensor, but testing it is pretty easy (if you can do ohms on your meter). It must not read "0 ohms", it must not read "open". It can be tested for range with your fridge/freezer. Test at room temp, then, cool it in the fridge & test again. Reading should be different. (A wild guess would be using the "20k ohm" range on the meter).

I'll look up the range of the sensor.

EDIT- (SPEC IS "2,450 ohms @ 68°f" , no cold, or hot temp thresholds are specified). If you want to ohm it out & share "ohm-VS-temp" readings, that'd be a service to us all.
I'll get around to characterizing it, but probably not until this issue pops up for me, only so many (of the boss's) hours in a day.

Sorry I cant just post the manual, its watermarked & would get me in trouble.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 08:42 PM   #4
Lotzagutz22
Not Yet Wild

Thank you! I just got this and will be busy until tomorrow when I will check it out.
Lotzagutz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 08:33 AM   #5
proshop
Not Yet Wild

cgtech, can you tell me what fault code 46 is on a Yamaha gas JC2 (2016) cart? I have two carts that now show this code - one is down completely, and the other is too intermittent to trust. To date, my Yamaha tech has been unable to diagnose/isolate/repair them. I understand the reluctance to post the manual (intellectual property issues), but we appreciate you helping find information that Yamaha makes hard to get (for customers anyway...). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
proshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 11:04 AM   #6
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Low battery voltage / wire harness or charging system. I'd check the battery voltage, then check the red/green/black wires on the wire harness side plug to the voltage regulator.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha