lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2020, 04:12 AM   #1
Old drifter
Not Yet Wild

Default 88 marathon power loss

Hi y’all
I have an 88 marathon (robin 244) that I was able to find a new muffler for. When I put it on its sluggish and doesn’t have enough power to move for about 15-20 seconds, then it powers up and runs like normal. Tried it without the muffler and no issues. Any thoughts?

It is the correct muffler, good compression @110, plenty of spark, fuel pump good...
Old drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2020, 05:10 AM   #2
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 88 marathon power loss

It has to be a used muffler. New ones haven't been available for years. Have you burned it out to clean out any old residue?

Have you checked the air filter, and intake? It has a breathing restriction somewhere.

I like to use Seafoam to clean things out too.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 10:48 AM   #3
Old drifter
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 88 marathon power loss

Brand new mufler..small little shop in Western Canada, been sitting on a shelf for years but never been even mounted..I was in shock too.
Almost fell over when the said they would let me have it for $190...asked if they had more but sadly no.

Put on new air filter and tried with out. Wondering if the exhaust port is gummed up. Runs like a rocket with no mufler but a bit loud for the campground
Old drifter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
loss of power, marathon, muffler
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO