lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2020, 01:40 PM   #1
Accountable1
Not Yet Wild

Default 2019 drive 2 camber issue on new rims

i recently purchased a used 2019 yamaha drive 2 golf cart with jakes 3" lift. I ordered 14" rims with a tire overall height of 20.5". The new rims have a really bad camber issue and is off by more than an inch. Has anyone had this issue and how did you resolve it? I will post pics soon.
Accountable1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-06-2020, 04:06 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: 2019 drive 2 camber issue on new rims

The camber change is likely from worn shocks, not the wheels. Sometimes with a wider offset wheel the camber issue is more pronounced. Not sure which way your camber issue is off, the wheels might look like this from the front / \ ?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 09:45 PM   #3
villebacker
Gone Wild

Yamaha

All the newer drive2's have a little negative camber that I have seen. Even a brand new one. My 2017 PTV isn't lifted and had about 1/2" - 3/4" negative camber. I slotted the mounting holes in my struts enough to get the wheels straight up and down and set my toe in about 1/8" closer in the front. Looks and drives great and only cost was my labor. Another option is to call Plowman's. Don told me they sell an adjustable strut that he had developed. This would cost some money but would be simpler.
villebacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 08:40 AM   #4
Accountable1
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
The camber change is likely from worn shocks, not the wheels. Sometimes with a wider offset wheel the camber issue is more pronounced. Not sure which way your camber issue is off, the wheels might look like this from the front / \ ?
Yes, that is the way the camber looks. I have read to replace the front shocks with the heavy duty rear ones to help with sagging issue. Does that sounds correct?
Old 09-08-2020, 02:43 AM   #5
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accountable1 View Post
Yes, that is the way the camber looks. I have read to replace the front shocks with the heavy duty rear ones to help with sagging issue. Does that sounds correct?
If the front shocks are worn out, just replace with new factory front shocks. Sometimes the rear shocks are longer. You don't want longer shocks, that will make matters worse. It's typical for front shocks to be worn out, happens all the time.
Old 10-19-2020, 12:20 PM   #6
Accountable1
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
If the front shocks are worn out, just replace with new factory front shocks. Sometimes the rear shocks are longer. You don't want longer shocks, that will make matters worse. It's typical for front shocks to be worn out, happens all the time.
I replaced the shocks and the problem was not fixed. When I adjust the alignment on the front end and take it for a drive, the front of the tires open back up. I get it aligned again and the same thing happens. I have found shocks online that have two camber adjustments or if there is another issue with the front end.
Old 10-19-2020, 10:50 PM   #7
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

When driving on pavement if the toe is set too far out, the front end will squat. If the toe is set too far in, the front end will stand up. This is the result of the geometry with single a arm front suspensions. It's difficult to explain. Basically you just have to make sure your toe settings are dead straight or just a hair toe in.
Old 10-20-2020, 08:25 AM   #8
Accountable1
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
When driving on pavement if the toe is set too far out, the front end will squat. If the toe is set too far in, the front end will stand up. This is the result of the geometry with single a arm front suspensions. It's difficult to explain. Basically you just have to make sure your toe settings are dead straight or just a hair toe in.
I have set it for a slight toe in and then it keeps opening up after driving on the pavement after setting it correctly. Could something else be wrong?
Old 10-20-2020, 07:31 PM   #9
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accountable1 View Post
I have set it for a slight toe in and then it keeps opening up after driving on the pavement after setting it correctly. Could something else be wrong?
What do you mean by "opening up"?
Old 10-20-2020, 11:00 PM   #10
villebacker
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I am attaching a picture of the way that i fixed mine. I elongated the bolt hole in the strut for the top bolt in the attached picture. This allows the front wheels to rotate vertical. I set the toe in about 1/8" in front. I have been driving it for a few months now and had no problems and the camber has remained the same. I can drive it 30 mph and it tracks true. The best part it only costs you some labor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0379.jpg (93.9 KB, 0 views)
villebacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha