lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-04-2020, 01:29 PM   #1
rick5461
Not Yet Wild

Default 1982 g1 starter install

hello i got a 1982 g1 had to replace starter generator it was not with the cart looked up diagram on how to wire it and something is wrong when i turn the key on to either forward or reverse the starter starts with out pushing the gas pedal not sure if its wired wrong or what i think it has to do with the placement of the battery positive wire where dose it go pics of wire location for all wires that go to it (little red and green wires self explanatory) would be awesome not that good at diagrams i looked up but cant find any info or at least something i can understand
rick5461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-05-2020, 04:32 PM   #2
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1982 g1 starter install

If you hooked up according to the diagram you might be ok with it. It sounds like your stop switch might be stuck closed. This is the switch that is located at the base of the accelerator that starts the ignition process when a depressed accelerator activates it.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 08:14 AM   #3
rick5461
Not Yet Wild

ty i i unplugged all the wires except the red one because someone has made it a crimp connection and still turned the starter over jut turning on the key do i also need to cut the red wire

Last edited by rick5461; 10-11-2020 at 08:59 AM.. Reason: miss typed information
Old 10-12-2020, 11:45 AM   #4
Lochlin
Gone Wild

If you have all of the stop switch wires unplugged except for the red one and the cart is running with the flip of the key switch then the stop switch certainly isn't the issue at that cart shouldn't be running at all with the other stop switch wires disconnected.

The red and green wires coming out of the starter are for the charging circuit only and have nothing to do with your issue.

You need to focus on the small wiring at the solenoids as something is sending them current when the key switch is on. It could be that you need a new key switch.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 09:09 AM   #5
rick5461
Not Yet Wild

sorry takes so long to reply im a truck driver dont get a lot of time ok ill try replacing the ignition switch and see what happens

Tags
generator, starter
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha