lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-28-2020, 08:30 AM   #11
Freckles
Gone Wild

Default Re: New to me 2002 g21a

So for those that come after me, I purchased a lift for a G19 and it bolted right on. No modifications and i still have my front brakes. Actually I bought a lift kit and tire package from Steeleng. Looks like a copy of the Jakes except for the front shock mount tabs. If you need to use anything but the top two holes, you need to grind away some material or it will hit the shock body. Also i ended up cutting an Inch and a quarter off the back goal post and redrilling holes cause the rear sat way too high. Also the on the front, the new a arms were about an 1/8 too narrow to fit in the frame. I had to pry them apart to get them in there. On the rear, The wrong bolts were supplied. Rear goal post was too wide and i had to use a ratchet strap on it to get the bolts in. Ordered Plowmans Overdrive clutches and performance kit. Got all that installed. I started out with a stock cart that went 11mph and now im up to 22mph before final tuning with Don. I only ran it down the road once cause its pretty **** cold here in Northern Michigan lol. My goal was 25mph which im sure ill hit. Oh, and the 100lb gas spring is perfect replacement for the bed.
Freckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-28-2020, 08:38 AM   #12
Freckles
Gone Wild

Here’s a pic of passenger side how you’ll have to grind some material for shock body on front A arm. If you look at the jakes a arm, this material is already removed. Not sure if this cart was a problem because of heavier duty shocks? I know on the rear, I had to egg out some holes cause it had a ton of shock bind. I’m sure the utility cart has way heavier shocks so that must be part of it. It helped the shock bind after I cut down the rear goal post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-28-2020, 08:43 AM   #13
Freckles
Gone Wild

Hers how it is so far. Next for paint sometime this winter. Debating whether to put a top on it or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-17-2023, 09:20 PM   #14
futurehouse
Not Yet Wild

I wanted to say thank you for this post, I purchased a 2006 G23A Gas and had the same issues with figuring out what lift kit to use. You really saved the day!
futurehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 09:23 AM   #15
Freckles
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurehouse View Post
I wanted to say thank you for this post, I purchased a 2006 G23A Gas and had the same issues with figuring out what lift kit to use. You really saved the day!
Glad i could help!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha