lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-24-2020, 05:05 PM   #1
NonTypicalCPA
Not Yet Wild

Default First cart - New Yamaha gas or ?????

I'm looking to buy my first cart this coming spring. I've been doing a little research and am thinking about getting a Yamaha gasser EFI with the quietTech motor. I was originally leaning towards a Club Car LiOn but it sounds like there aren't many/any performance mods yet. I live in Michigan so Plowman's is an available option for whatever I get. It looks like he works on Yamaha's so that helps point me in that direction. I'm not brand loyal. I'm looking at a 4 person lifted cart to run around our property and also drive into town with. Any suggestions are welcome.
NonTypicalCPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-24-2020, 07:37 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: First cart - New Yamaha gas or ?????

If you decide to go gas, dont even consider anything other than yamaha.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 11:36 PM   #3
Godfather
Getting Wild

We have 2 trouble free years on our 2018 Yamaha Drive 2 EFI Quietech PTV. I would not even consider another gas cart.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 06:49 AM   #4
ElDiabloJoe
Getting Wild

I'm gonna go ahead and suggest a Yamaha Adventurer 2+2 Sport. It's a PTV. It comes already lifted from Yamaha with an extended roof (solid, not thin plastic like a lot of aftermarkets), rear seating, solid rear grab handle, brush guard, fender flares, USB ports, 20X10X8 wheels, etc. It's a QuietTech EFI, and the newer models have rear independent suspension.

I can neither confirm nor deny that I have one of those up at Don Plowman's right now getting tuned
ElDiabloJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 02:59 PM   #5
NonTypicalCPA
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys, the Adventurer 2+2 is the model I was looking at. Joe, what mods are you having Plowman’s install? He’s about 2 hours from me.
NonTypicalCPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 03:23 PM   #6
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonTypicalCPA View Post
I'm looking to buy my first cart this coming spring. I've been doing a little research and am thinking about getting a Yamaha gasser EFI with the quietTech motor. I was originally leaning towards a Club Car LiOn but it sounds like there aren't many/any performance mods yet. I live in Michigan so Plowman's is an available option for whatever I get. It looks like he works on Yamaha's so that helps point me in that direction. I'm not brand loyal. I'm looking at a 4 person lifted cart to run around our property and also drive into town with. Any suggestions are welcome.
Plowmans also sells carts You could get what you want from him.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 08:05 PM   #7
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in VA View Post
Plowmans also sells carts You could get what you want from him.
I was just going to suggest the same. He’s about 15 minutes from me. Kinda a rough section of town (though that sums up most of flint, unfortunately. GM did a number on that town when they pulled out) but worth the trip. the man knows his stuff better than anybody else in the business.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 08:55 AM   #8
ElDiabloJoe
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonTypicalCPA View Post
Thanks guys, the Adventurer 2+2 is the model I was looking at. Joe, what mods are you having Plowman’s install? He’s about 2 hours from me.
I'm excited to say he is installing a performance kit (faster and better hill climbing power w new clutches, belt, tuning, etc.), resetting and correcting the horrible factory-set front end toe and camber, disabling that ever-annoying back-up buzzer, adding a 12V cigarette lighter power port (for use with an inverter to 110), adding a 110Watt custom mount fabricated Bazooka speaker tube with LEDs, and adding a light bar for crazy-stupid bright lights.

I did not realize at the time I bought this cart that he also sold them new or I would have purchased straight through him. When I did buy in Sept 2020, I was lucky. Dealers in my area were out of stock and they were weeks and months out from getting any stock. I found a guy who had 12 new ones already on order and due to be shipped the following week. I was able to not only get one with a short wait, but at a good price (hundreds less than other local shops) and in my color of choice!

Feel free to PM me if you want to talk about it more.
ElDiabloJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha