lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-27-2021, 10:07 AM   #1
DonH57
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Throttle Cable Replacement

So on one of our 2013 Yamaha Gas carts I encountered the **** thing sputtering and stalling out. It had been running fine all day. It would stall and the engine light would flash. It first acted like our other cart did when the accelerator cable broke. After a minute it would start out but the acceleration was erratic. It would start out fine and quit at different intervals as far as distance and repeat the stall and flashing engine light. I haven't troubleshooted it yet but thinking when I do fix it to replace the throttle cable due to age of the cart plus it has some play in the movement. It appears one end of the cable is directly under the alternator.
DonH57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-27-2021, 10:31 AM   #2
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Throttle Cable Replacement

You actually have two throttle cables on your cart. One goes from the Gas pedal and runs through firewall under cart, down the pax side frame and up to the Governor spring. The other cable is the one you describe which runs from governor underneath your Starter/generator(which you describe as alternator I believe) over to your Carb(which in 2013 they also had Fuel Injected models so may be a Throttle body).
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 11:45 AM   #3
DonH57
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroluvz28 View Post
You actually have two throttle cables on your cart. One goes from the Gas pedal and runs through firewall under cart, down the pax side frame and up to the Governor spring. The other cable is the one you describe which runs from governor underneath your Starter/generator(which you describe as alternator I believe) over to your Carb(which in 2013 they also had Fuel Injected models so may be a Throttle body).
It is EFI and does have a throttle body. About a month ago I had a problem with smelling unburned gas smell. I removed and cleaned the throttle body and fuel injector body. Never had an issue afterward with the way it ran and it took care of the gas smell as well.
DonH57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 12:04 PM   #4
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

There is also a fuel filter attached to the bottom of your fuel pump down in the tank..If you got a bad batch of fuel or the pump starts going out it can cause symptoms you described. The way to check would be to hook up a fuel pressure gauge when its not running and make sure its pumping at 36 psi or close to it...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha