lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-01-2021, 10:55 AM   #11
snowgoose200
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G29 too fast

Why the input shaft?
snowgoose200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-01-2021, 11:05 AM   #12
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Would be a whole lot easier to just watch your speed ..baring that
have your Yamaha dealer slow it down for you....
CartsRFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 11:45 AM   #13
DonH57
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood66 View Post
Big fine by the developer? Impound your vehicle?

Sounds like a really fun place to live

HOLLYWOOD
In Florida if your caught on the public street in a golf cart going over 20 mph in a non street legal cart the fine is operating a non registered vehicle resulting in almost 1,000 dollar fines, court costs, and garage bill to verify the cart is in compliance in court. I live in the villages too. Enforcement by the police and sheriff's here are non aggressive at best and only have jurisdiction on public roads, not our series of private cart paths. I'd estimate over 75 percent of the villagers have golf carts that can go well past 20. A really stupid thing to do because the braking and handling of a golf cart is not designed for more than 12 mph.
DonH57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 01:39 PM   #14
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
In Florida if your caught on the public street in a golf cart going over 20 mph in a non street legal cart the fine is operating a non registered vehicle resulting in almost 1,000 dollar fines, court costs, and garage bill to verify the cart is in compliance in court. I live in the villages too. Enforcement by the police and sheriff's here are non aggressive at best and only have jurisdiction on public roads, not our series of private cart paths. I'd estimate over 75 percent of the villagers have golf carts that can go well past 20. A really stupid thing to do because the braking and handling of a golf cart is not designed for more than 12 mph.
youve got to be kidding

you must be the captain of the force on these limits
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 03:48 PM   #15
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgoose200 View Post
Why the input shaft?
Input shaft has these 3 weights & collar that are the heart of your governor. The collar wears down, and the 3 weights escape their intended position. After that happens, the 3 weights can no longer act on the throttle cable to regulate speed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20210201-134546_Gallery.jpg (335.5 KB, 0 views)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 03:56 PM   #16
snowgoose200
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Input shaft has these 3 weights & collar that are the heart of your governor. The collar wears down, and the 3 weights escape their intended position. After that happens, the 3 weights can no longer act on the throttle cable to regulate speed.
My governor still works, you can feel it engage. So hopefully I am not dismantling yet for an input shaft, also if there was no governor it would dramatically over speed in neutral, so maybe it's in the throttle cables, I will look there next.
Old 02-02-2021, 11:55 AM   #17
DonH57
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeasis View Post
youve got to be kidding

you must be the captain of the force on these limits
Yep Florida doesn't call it speeding after 20 MPH unless your register the golf cart limiting you to 35 MPH. I was told by a Yamaha tech golf carts are only designed for golf course use, not highway. The only problem with speeding golf carts here in the villages is the multi model cart paths. Some people treat golf carts like toys here.
Old 02-02-2021, 02:11 PM   #18
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
Yep Florida doesn't call it speeding after 20 MPH unless your register the golf cart limiting you to 35 MPH. I was told by a Yamaha tech golf carts are only designed for golf course use, not highway. The only problem with speeding golf carts here in the villages is the multi model cart paths. Some people treat golf carts like toys here.
Slow down there Barney.

thats a large gap there isnt it. from golf course to highway. of course they arent designed to go on the highway but to say the braking systems arent designed for more than 12mph when you can buy them from the dealer that go faster than that. Have you even seen the braking system on a newer cart or any cart for that matter?

You married to Karen?
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 09:27 AM   #19
DonH57
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeasis View Post
Slow down there Barney.

thats a large gap there isnt it. from golf course to highway. of course they arent designed to go on the highway but to say the braking systems arent designed for more than 12mph when you can buy them from the dealer that go faster than that. Have you even seen the braking system on a newer cart or any cart for that matter?

You married to Karen?
LOL. I'm not trying to be a Barney and I'm not married to a Karen. Both my golf carts will go up to 25 mph but I don't drive them on a public street that fast. I'm just relaying the information given to me by a Yamaha service tech when I had a rear shock absorbers replaced. He did say carts ordered from dealers like the villages are better braking and suspension packages but you are still asking a lot in an emergency maneuver. I never stated it couldn't be done.
Old 02-03-2021, 09:31 AM   #20
snowgoose200
Not Yet Wild

Still if you are in an accident and your cart is governed above 20 mph, be ready for trouble and to get sued if someone is hurt.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha