lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-24-2021, 03:56 PM   #11
Jammy
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G2 Input Shaft Replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
It was originally done with no sealer.
Thank you!! I will final torque it without sealer. Appreciate the info.

I am fabricating a new trainsmission mount, will weld it in either tonight or tomorrow. It is 80° and I'm out for a great afternoon/ evening motorcycle ride along Cocoa Beach with my bride.
Jammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-26-2021, 03:06 PM   #12
Jammy
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Worked on the cart a couple hours. Got xmission mount done, mounted xmission, both clutches installed, carb cleaned, bebuilt rejetted and installed. Belt installed.
More to do but it's time to take my wife out.

Last edited by Jammy; 03-26-2021 at 04:54 PM.. Reason: Add photo
Old 04-04-2021, 10:54 AM   #13
Jammy
Getting Wild
Yamaha

I have had a few days to test drive the cart and I am happy to say it feels so much better than it ever has. Plowman's clutches and muffler quieted the ever constant noise it made as I was running around the neighborhood.

I tested it with stock tires and wheels and it was running 13 mph consistently. Installed new 20 1/2 inch tires and the speed picked up to 17-18 MPH. I am happy with that speed. I did notice last night that my RPM is only 3400 and will go no more, I was getting almost 4K RPM with old setup and governor bypass. I think I need to adjust governor and throttle cables and give it another whirl.
Idle is a couple hundred RPM then it takes about 1" throttle travel for cart to move. I have not discussed RPM's and carb adjustments with Don yet.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha